- 70 grams Parmesan cheese, cubed, app. 1.5cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, washed
- 2 litres chicken stock
- 500 gram packet of instant polenta
- olive oil, for basting prior to cooking
- salt and pepper to taste
8Recipe is created for
1. Brush or spray 2 baking pans (22 x 30cm) to lightly grease.
2. Place cheese and Rosemary leaves in .
3. Blitz for 15 seconds, on sp 9, until finely grated. Set aside. Lightly rinse bowl.
4. Add stock to and bring to a rolling boil, Varoma temp, sp 2, app.10 mins.
5. When it has reached a rolling boil, slowly add polenta through the lid, speed 4 and mix for 20 seconds.
6. Add cheese and Rosemary mixture and blend for 15 seconds sp. 4
7. Pour the mixture evenly into the prepared pans and smooth the surface. Cover with non stick paper.
8. Place mixture into the fridge to set for at least 4 hours or overnight.
9. Turn out Polenta onto a clean work surface. Using a sharp knife, trim the edges slightly for a nice clean finish.
10. Cut into 2cm x 8cm strips.
11. Spray or brush with oil.
12. Bake in a preheated 200c oven ( or airfryer), for 20-25 minutes. They will be crunchy and golden.
13. Serve with a side salad and sauce of your choice (sweet chilli is nice). I served with creamed silverbeet and tomato sauce.
Accessories you need
This makes a large amount but it can easily be halved.
8 serves is based on a meal size. Obviously it would serve more if used as a side dish.
However, I like to make the full amount, then cut it into serving size blocks and freeze. Thaw and cut into strips for baking.
It can be a complete meal, when served with a nice salad and sauce or veggies or an egg and bacon ( non Vegetarian).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Savoury Oat Flour Pancakes
- Chickpea Curry
- Adaption of Ambitious Kitchen's Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Breakfast Beans
- Bok Choy with garlic and oyster sauce
- Vegetarian Tacos or Bean Dip
- Spicy Black Bean Burger
- Brown Rice & Lentil Burgers
- Indian Style Dhal with spinach & tomatoes