- 2 level tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onion, large
- 300 grams dried green lentils, washed
- 150 grams rice, washed
- 2 level tbsp salt
- pinches black pepper, freshly ground
- 1400 grams water
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 2 ways to do this:
1. Place oil in a pan on stove top.
2. Place chopped onion and cook until really dark and caramelised (don't charr or crisp).
1. Place onions in mixing bowl and chop 5sec/speed 5. scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
2. add oil then saute 12 mins/120 degrees C/Speed 1.
- 1. Keep onions in bowl. If you sauteed on stove, transferr onions to thermo bowl
2. Place in water, green lentils and salt in mixing bowl with onions then cook 20 min/100 degrees C/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1.5
3. add rice and cook 15 min/100 degree C/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1.5
4. Season with pepper (optional).
Serve with yoghurt or salad.
you can also reserve 1/2 of the sauteed onions and add them as a garnish when serving the food.
Frying of Oil
Cooking lentils and rice
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower Mornay
- Souffle - Spinach
- Pantry Lentil Curry
- Butter Chickpeas by The Thermo Niche
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Veggie Fritters
- Vegan Dhal Tadka
- Vegan Dahl Makhani
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Palak "Paneer" (with halloumi)
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Variation Mexican beans
- Cashew, Lemon and Coconut Bliss Balls
- Spaghetti Carbonara
- 'Squid Game' Stir Fry - Bulgogi Beef
- Fig and Walnut Carrot Cake with Caramilk Cream Cheese Icing
- Seafood Pie
- Slow Cooked Lamb Leg
- Cheese and Spinach Chicken Loaf
- Sweet & Sour Pork and Rice
- French Onion Soup Mix
- Cinnamon Apple Cake
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Risotto
- Churros Cake