- 1 onion, (100-120 g)
- 2 cloves of garlic (peeled)
- 1 red pepper/capsicum
- 25 g olive oil
- 100 g chorizo, (for those of you in the UK, I use 2 sausages of Tesco's cooking chorizo). I quarter it lengthways first and then slice it, it makes the most of the chorizo, reducing how much of it you have to use and giving the dish lots of flavour. Thriftier&healthier
- 300 g Arborio risotto rice
- 800 g water or chicken stock
- 1 chicken stock cube (I tend to use Kallo Organic), This is only if you're using water and not chicken stock)
- 1 handful of fresh parsley or coriander or a teaspoon of dried mixed herbs (optional, don't worry if you realise at the last minute that you haven't got any at home). If using fresh herbs you can chop them in the Thermomix at the start.
- salt and pepper to season, but you won't need much salt, if any at all
- parmesan cheese, grated, (I tend to just grate it over the plates once I've dished out but you could grate it in the Thermomix before starting)
Chop the onion 5 seconds at speed 5. Add the pepper and garlic and chop 2 seconds at speed 5.
2. Sautée: Varoma, 5 minutes, speed 1.
- 3. Add the chorizo: Varoma, 2 minutes, speed 1.
- 4. Add the rice: Varoma, 1 minute, speed 2.
- 5. Add the water and the chicken stock cube (no need to add salt, the chorizo and stock provide enough): Varoma, 17 minutes, , . I didn't use herbs this time but I would add them in the last minute of cooking along with some salt and pepper but this time I didn't use any salt at all and just twisted the pepper mill after I had dished up.
- 6. Let it rest for a few minutes (I set my phone's timer to 5 minutes), next time I may just cook it for 18 minutes instead and see what happens. I shall report back.
Serve with Spanish flair and by grating parmesan on top. ¡A la mesa!
This was my first risotto in the Thermomix and it's the adaptation of one of my favourite "conventional" recipes so any feedback welcome and, if any of you are Thermomix risotto experts, do let me know any ways to improve it. Thanks!
You'll find more of my recipes here //www.feistytapas.com/search/label/Thermomix and I'll try to add them here too when I find a little time.
Chop the parmesan and the fresh herbs (if using them) before starting so that they're ready. Or do them by hand while it's cooking. I personally tend to just grate the cheese over the dish once it's served.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Leftover Chicken Burgers - Using Leftover Cooked Chicken
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Chorizo Risotto
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- Pasta Arrabiata (all-in-one)
- Roasted Jalapeno / Jalapeño and Chicken Soup
- Roasted Jalapeño / Jalapeno Soup
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Dairy free creamy broccoli soup
- Noodle Soup Recipe
- Quick Pumpkin Soup
- Bolognese Sauce