- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- Small handful of flat leaf parsley or coriander
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 40 g olive oil
- 130 g carrot, chopped
- 1 large red capsicum, quartered
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 600 g chicken breast, cubed
- 400 g can of coconut milk
- 300 g water
- 1 tablespoons Vegetable stock paste
- 300 g arborio rice
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place onion, garlic and parsley/coriander into TM bowl, chop for 5 seconds, speed 7.
- Scrape down sides. Add oil, curry paste and chopped spring onions. Sautee 3 minutes, 100 deg, speed 1.
- Add capsicum and carrot, chop for 3 seconds, speed 7.
- Scrape down sides. Add chicken and 100g of the coconut milk (reserve rest in can), cook for 2 minutes, 100 deg, speed 1.
- Add remaining coconut milk, rice, water, stock, and salt and pepper to taste, cook for 17 minutes, 100 deg, speed 1 (mix on 3 to combine well for the first couple of seconds and return to speed 1). Take MC out. Put steaming basket and paper towel in place to avoid splatter.
- Allow risotto to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
This is from the cookbook 'Bellini Addicts recipe', works immaculately in either a bellini or thermomix - no adaptions needed. Has become a staple meal in my household, we adore it!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Roasted Carrot & Garlic Dip
- Peanut Salad Dressing Recipes
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry:
- Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup
- Creamy chicken pasta / Mac
- Lasagne with Spinach and Ricotta
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Curried Sausages
- Stem ginger in Syrup
- Crunchy French baguettes
- Creamy tomato bisque
- Quick and easy Chinese chicken & corn soup