- 1000 grams Destoned apricots halved
- 250 grams sugar, to taste
- 1 Juice of a lemon
1. Wash jars in warm soapy water. Sterilise by your chosen method.
2. Wash, halve and destone apricots
3. Weigh into 1000gm of apricot halves. Add 250-400gm of sugar (to taste). Chop for 10 seconds on Speed 9
4. Add juice of one lemon, mix for 5 seconds on Speed 5
5. Cook for 40-60 mins on Varoma temp, Speed 2, with rice basket on top of the lid (no MC) or until setting point is reached.
6. Pour hot jam into sterile jars, put lid on and tighten. You will hear the little button on the lid pop when it sucks in as the jam cools.
If boiling over occurs turn up the Speed to 3!
Older, squishy fruit will take longer to set than younger, greener fruit. Better to test after 40 mins than make concrete with 60mins!
I like it with less sugar than the average person so feel free to use less if that’s how you like it too.
Makes 2-3 jars
I have always sterilised my jars with boiling water. - Boil the kettle in the last 5 mins of the jam cooking. Pour boiled water into clean jars and lids, and let sit. When jam is ready, tip the boiled water out of the jars and fill them straight away with hot jam.
Store un-opened in the pantry for months. Store in the fridge once the seal is broken by opening.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.