- 350 g red onion, peeled and halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 420 g Red apple, unpeeled and quartered
- 550 g Figs, 2cm diced
- 300 g raw sugar
- 225 g balsamic vinegar
- 150 g apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon mixed spice
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Peel and halve onions, add to Thermomix bowl then chop 3 seconds/speed 5.
Add oil and saute 4 min/120 degrees/speed 1.
Meanwhile, core and quarter apples and dice figs.
Add apples to bowl and chop 3 seconds/speed 5.
- Add figs, sugar, balsamic, apple cider vinegar and mixed spice and cook, 45 minutes/Varoma/Speed 2 with simmering basket in place of MC.
- Sterilise jam jars ready for filling. This recipe will be make about 8 x 150ml jars (1.2L total).
- After 45 minutes check consistency. Your chutney should be fairly thick and chunky.
Balsamic fig and apple chutney
If jars are correctly sterilised, chutney should keep at room temperature in a dark pantry for 6 months. Refrigerate after opening.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Salmon and pea spaghetti with pumpkin cream
- Apple and cinnamon muffins
- Beef fajitas
- Grape jelly
- Chilli and lime cashews
- Apple and sage sauce
- 20 minute broccoli pesto pasta
- Nut free chocolate berry bliss balls
- Banana oat cookies (dairy free, egg free, nut free)
- Apple Crumble Bliss Balls