- 1500 gram quinces
- 800-1000 gram sugar, approximately
- --- juice of 1 lemon
- 600 grams water
Recipe is created for
Wash the quinces, then peel and core, reserving both. Place the peel and cores into the TM bowl and the 600gm of water, chop for 15 sec/speed 9, using the spatula to push the peel down, if necessary.
Cut the quince flesh into 2cm chunks and place in the Varoma basket and tray. Place the Varoma dish in position, and steam for 25 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Remove the Varoma tray and set aside. Line the TM basket with cheescloth or nut milk bag or a clean new Chux cloth. Strain the peel and core mixture through this cloth into a separate bowl. Gather corniers of cloth and twist to squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Dispose of the pulp, clean the TM bowl and weigh the liquid and pieces of quince in the TM bowl. Note the weight. Blend for 10 sec/speed 5.
Add about 2/3 of the weight of the steamed and blended quince in sugar to the TM bowl. Mix for 5 sec/speed 9. Add the lemon juice. Cook for 50 min/Varoma/speed 5/MC off and place the steamer basket on the top to cover the opening.
Once cooked, allow the sticky mixture to cool for about 10 minutes, then pour it into a tray 8"x10" greased with oil or lined with baking paper or a Thermomat. Pour to the centre of tray and using a spatula carefully spread evenly to corners.
Allow the tray to cool before covering and storing in the fridge. Once set, the paste can be cut into pieces and layered with baking paper or clingwrap in an airtight container. It keeps for months in the fridge.
Accessories you need
This recipe is less sweet than traditional quince paste recipes as it has less sugar added. The lemon juice adds to the piquancy and brings out the flavour of the quince. Enjoy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- LAMB RIB MARINADE
- Bruschetta spread
- Rhubarb Relish
- Easy salmon dip
- Roasted Veggie and Black Bean Dip
- Lemon & Tahini Dressing
- Tofu alfredo sauce
- 3 Chilli Jam
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Fennel Puree
- SPICED BANANA BREAD (EGG-FREE, DAIRY FREE)
- Bulk, Catering Quantity(12L) Pancake Batter
- Chocolate Ginger Love with Strawberry & Basil Sugar
- Very Easy Chocolate Fudge Sauce (Gluten-Free, sugar-free, dairy free, soy-free, vegan, scrumptious!)
- Allergy Friendly Zucchini Slice (Egg-free, gluten-free, dairy-free)
- MOROCCAN RICE SALAD
- Grape Pudding / Grape Juice Pudding GF DF
- Quince & Cardamom Steamed Puddings
- Apple Oat Slice - Wheat free; Egg free; Vegan
- Dairy Free, Egg-free 'Cheese' & Herb Gnocchi in Tomato Sauce
- Spicy Vegan Sausages (Wheat Free)
- Raspberry Coconut Slice
- Pecan Pie
- Paleo Apple Cake
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup - onion free
- Melting Moments
- Raisin bread
- Gluten Free Gooey Caramel Anzac Slice by Happy Mum Happy Child
- Chicken and Vegetable Pie
- JUMBO BREAD LOAF
- Maltese Galletti
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends