- 320 grams ( peeled weight) thinly sliced red onions, About 2-3 med onions
- 280 grams apple cider vinegar
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 level tablespoon whole mustard seeds, optional
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp salt
- black pepper, to taste
8Recipe is created for
1. Place sliced onions and bay leaf in a med-large glass/heatproof sterilised jar or bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients to the .
3. Set to Varoma and bring to a boil 3-5 minutes, or until sugar has dissolved.
4. Pour over the sliced onions and leave to cool before sealing and placing in the fridge for up to 2 months.
Sweet...salty...savoury...a match made in heaven.
Another in the "One jar" series. Perfect for when you don't want to make bucket loads
Delicious on cheese and crackers, cold meat, steaks..whatever takes your fancy.
Wait 24 hours before eating for the best flavour.
The colour that these pickles take on is amazing..
Join my FaceBook page Thermify me" and like my FaceBook page Thermify me breadwinners for bread recipes and class details.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tomato Sauce ala Mic
- Lemon (Meyer) or Mandarin Marmalade
- Variation Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's)..more zing, less sugar
- One Jar Passionfruit Butter
- Keto creamy avocado and coriander lime dressing
- Grapefruit Orange Chia Marmalade
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Vegan Cashew Cheese
- Lemon Curd - Dairy Free, Paleo
- Cucumber and Dill dip
- Creamy tomato pasta sauce
- One jar Speedy Pickled Onions
- Dotty's Melting moments
- Chocolate crackle Caramel slice
- Viennese whirls
- Jaffa Cheesecake Slice
- Kingston biscuits
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Creamy garlic prawns
- Chocolate coconut cake
- Dotty’s Apple Sponge with GF options
- Dotty’s Ginger biscuits
- Ham, cheese and pineapple muffins
- Mocha brownies with a Coffee glaze
- Tomato Sauce ala Mic
- Baked salmon cheesecake
- French bread
- Zanzibar Spice Cake
- Ginger Lime Prawns - HCG P2 4Phase
- Eunji’s Chai Mix
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Keto Bread Rolls
- Best Ever Choc Chip Bikkies
- Mexican Chocolate and Banana Cupcakes
- Gluten free chocolate almond chunk cookies
- Hainanese Chicken Rice