- 320 grams ( peeled weight) thinly sliced red onions, About 2-3 med onions
- 280 grams apple cider vinegar
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 level tablespoon whole mustard seeds, optional
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp salt
- black pepper, to taste
1. Place sliced onions and bay leaf in a med-large glass/heatproof sterilised jar or bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients to the .
3. Set to Varoma and bring to a boil 3-5 minutes, or until sugar has dissolved.
4. Pour over the sliced onions and leave to cool before sealing and placing in the fridge for up to 2 months.
Sweet...salty...savoury...a match made in heaven.
Another in the "One jar" series. Perfect for when you don't want to make bucket loads
Delicious on cheese and crackers, cold meat, steaks..whatever takes your fancy.
Wait 24 hours before eating for the best flavour.
The colour that these pickles take on is amazing..
Join my FaceBook page Thermify me" and like my FaceBook page Thermify me breadwinners for bread recipes and class details.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- The Sisters Tomato Relish
- Steak Spice
- Zesty Hommus (with Young Living Essential Oils)
- Shrimp Paste Chilli Sauce
- Warmly Spiced Pumpkin Dip
- PIMPs Apple Sauce
- Butter Ganache
- Mums Cheese Ball
- Verena Probiotic Salad Dressing
- Hommus Cups - WA School Canteen Association Assessed - GREEN
- Vegan/Egg Free Variation No Fail, No Fuss, No Butterfly, NO Egg Mayo
- Curry Pea Soup
- Lemon Cupcakes with Young Living Essential Oils
- Pumpkin lasagne
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Chocolate coconut macaroons Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Egg Free, AIP
- The Daily Mix - Banana Crumble Muffins
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- Dotty's Lemon and Sultana Tea Loaf
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Banana Nut Bread