- 320 grams ( peeled weight) thinly sliced red onions, About 2-3 med onions
- 280 grams apple cider vinegar
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 level tablespoon whole mustard seeds, optional
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp salt
- black pepper, to taste
1. Place sliced onions and bay leaf in a med-large glass/heatproof sterilised jar or bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients to the .
3. Set to Varoma and bring to a boil 3-5 minutes, or until sugar has dissolved.
4. Pour over the sliced onions and leave to cool before sealing and placing in the fridge for up to 2 months.
Sweet...salty...savoury...a match made in heaven.
Another in the "One jar" series. Perfect for when you don't want to make bucket loads
Delicious on cheese and crackers, cold meat, steaks..whatever takes your fancy.
Wait 24 hours before eating for the best flavour.
The colour that these pickles take on is amazing..
Join my FaceBook page Thermify me" and like my FaceBook page Thermify me breadwinners for bread recipes and class details.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Kingston biscuits
- Fair Dinkum Aussie Pasties
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Fair Dinkum Beef pies
- Dotty’s Apple Sponge with GF options
- Dotty’s Ginger biscuits
- Quiche Lorraine
- The BEST shortcrust pastry
- Ham, cheese and pineapple muffins
- Mocha brownies with a Coffee glaze
- Marscapone, Caramelised onion and Tomato Tart
- Heidi's German Streusel cake with apple and pudding