- 1 large red capsicum, app 270g, Washed, cut into halves
- 2 med tomatoes, about 280g, Cut a cross into the top of each, cover with boiling water, remove skins
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 med red onion, about 160g, peeled and quartered
- 1 med red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 20 grams olive oil
- 40 grams raw sugar
- 65 grams white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt, to taste
- pinch black pepper, to taste
1. Place capsicums skin side up under a hot grill. cook until the skin is black and blistered. Place into a freezer bag and allow to cool.
2. Prepare tomatoes (see ingredients)
3. Place onion, garlic and chilli into the .
4. Blitz sp 4/ 10-15 seconds.
5. Add olive oil and cook Varoma/3 mins/ speed 1. Remove and set aside.
6. Add chopped prepared capsicum, tomatoes to the . Blitz sp 4/7-10 secs.
7. Return chilli/garlic/onion mix to pan, along with the remaining ingredients.
8. Cook at 100C/30 minutes/sp , using simmering basket on top instead of the MC, to prevent spatter.
9. If its a bit runny, add 1-2 tspns cornflour to the mix, and heat again 100/2 minutes/ .
10. Pour into a sterile jar, store in fridge.
Delicious on a piece of tasty cheese, on a steak, chop, ham/turkey/chicken/tuna sandwich...
Makes enough for 1 medium size jar. Perfect for when you have a few spare tomatoes and red capsicums...and don't have an army to feed.
Should keep for at least a week in the fridge.
Join my FaceBook page "Thermify me..!" for recpes, tips and ideas.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nanna's Lemon Butter
- Coconut Butter
- Vegan Nut Free Nutella
- Homemade Le Snack
- Kecap Manis (sweet soy sauce)
- That Thermo Woman - Small Batch Hollandaise Sauce
- Rich Tomato Sauce
- Tomato and onion relish
- That Thermo Woman - Spicy Harissa
- Thai Satay Marinade
- Cashew Cheese
- Dairy Free Cheesy Queso sauce/dip
- Fair Dinkum Aussie Pasties
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Fair Dinkum Beef pies
- Dotty’s Apple Sponge with GF options
- Dotty’s Ginger biscuits
- Quiche Lorraine
- The BEST shortcrust pastry
- Ham, cheese and pineapple muffins
- Mocha brownies with a Coffee glaze
- Marscapone, Caramelised onion and Tomato Tart
- Heidi's German Streusel cake with apple and pudding
- Wholemeal rolls