- 700 g potatoes, peeled
- 40 g Butter
- 80 g Milk
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1/2 broccoli, in florets
- 4 button squash, quartered
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Peel and chop potatoes into 3cm pieces. Place into simmering basket with about 1200g of water (just enough for you to see water through the bottom of the basket).
Place your mixed vegetables of choice (all cut in a similar size) into your Varoma dish and tray.
Cook for 25 minutes/varoma/speed 2.
Once cooking is complete remove Varoma and set aside. Remove simmering basket and pour off the water. Tip potatoes into bowl.
Add milk and butter then process 5 seconds/speed 4. Scrape down sides, add more milk if required, then process a further 2 seconds/speed 4.
Serve with your choice of protein (pictured is pan-seared steak with beetroot relish).
Classic steamed veg with mashed potato
Choose quality, fresh, unwashed potatoes. We love sebagoes (because that's what we grow).
Be careful not to overwork your potatoes. If you do, they will go sticky.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Christmas Salad
- Variation Honey Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- Traditional buttery mash potato
- Better than K*C Coleslaw
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Mashed potatoes
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Saute Sweet corn Kernel
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Cheese & Bacon Fritters
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Salmon and pea spaghetti with pumpkin cream
- Apple and cinnamon muffins
- Beef fajitas
- Grape jelly
- Balsamic fig and apple chutney
- Chilli and lime cashews
- Apple and sage sauce
- 20 minute broccoli pesto pasta
- Nut free chocolate berry bliss balls
- Banana oat cookies (dairy free, egg free, nut free)
- Apple Crumble Bliss Balls
- Creamy Fruit Cake
- Passionfruit and coconut cake
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- Healthy chicken burgers
- French Chocolate Teacake
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- Nut butter Porridge
- Protein Bars