- 1000 grams sweet potato, sliced 1cm thick (can keep peel on)
- olive oil, for drizzing
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper, ground
- 100 grams Parmesan cheese, Diced, 2cm
- 600 grams Milk
- 65 grams plain flour
- 60 grams Butter, diced
- 1 pinches Nutmeg
- 0.5 teaspoons salt
- 150 grams red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 150 grams button mushrooms, halved
- 150 grams brown onion, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, (20g)
- 20 grams olive oil
- 400 grams canned tomatoes
- 70 grams tomato paste
- 70 grams Vegetable stock paste
- 50 grams water
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1.25 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- 0.5 teaspoons sugar
- to taste pepper, ground
- 800 grams canned lentils
Recipe is created for
TM 6For cooking (simmering) at temperatures of 95°C or above (200°F), the simmering basket should always be used instead of the TM6 measuring cup, as the TM6 measuring cup fits tightly in the lid. The simmering basket rests loosely on top, is steam-permeable, and also prevents food spatter from the mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
Grease 33cm x 23cm baking tray and an oven tray.
- Arrange half the sweet potato in the bottom of baking dish (overlap if necessary). Arrange other half on the oven tray.
Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees celcius
- Meanwhile, place parmesan cheese in mixer bowl. Grate 8 seconds/speed 8 and place MC on lid. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Place capsicum, mushrooms, onion, garlic and olive oil in mixer bowl. Chop 5 seconds/speed 5 with MC on lid.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, stock, water, oregano, cinnamon, paprika, sugar and pepper. Cook 10 minutes/varoma/speed 1 with MC on lid.
- Add lentils. Combine 20 seconds/reverse/speed3 with MC on lid.
- Pour half of the lentil mixture onto the roasted sweet potato in the baking dish. Transfer sweet potato from tray into the baking dish, arranging to form a layer on top of the lentils. top with remaining lentil mixture. Cover to keep warm.
- Rinse mixer bowl, then place all Bechamel Sauce ingredients in it, including 50g of the reserved Parmesan cheese. cook 7 minutes/90/speed 4 with MC on lid.
- Spread Bechamel over lentils, covering completely. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes, until golden on top.
Accessories you need
Not my recipe. Adding here so I can add to Cookidoo.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- CHICKEN LARB WITH GLASS NOODLES
- Vi's Christmas Scones
- Devilled Meatloaf
- Lisa’s Butterscotch Scones
- Soft Potato Doughnuts @levi_nathania
- Caramelised Onion & Feta Tarts
- Marian's Version of Cut out Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- Variation Shortcut Natural Yoghurt
- Zserbo aka Gerbeaud cake (Hungarian layer cake)