- 80 grams brown rice
- 50 grams almonds
- 1 onion, Halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk Celery, Quartered
- 2 carrots, Quartered
- 30 grams olive oil
- 1 litre water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons veggie stock paste
- 100 grams frozen peas
- 1/2 bunch parsley, Chopped
Grind rice in bowl 1 min/Sp 9.
Add almonds and grind 20 sec/Sp 9 or until smooth. Set aside.
Place onion, garlic, celery and carrots into bowl and chop for 5 sec/Sp 5.
Add oil and cook for 3 mins/100c/Sp 1.
Add water, stock paste and reserved ground rice and almonds and cook for 30 mins/100c/Rev/Sp 1.
Add parsley and peas and cook for another 5 mins/100c/Rev/Sp 1.
Season with salt & pepper to taste.
Accessories you need
This is a vegan/vegetarian version of Quirky Cooking's Creamy Chicken & Brown Rice Soup. I grind all of the rice as I've never been able to get the whole brown rice cooked to a nice consistency. This is a really creamy and filling soup. I tell my children that it's chicken soup and they demolish it!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Velvet Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup
- Orange Soup - Pumpkin, Sweet Potato & Carrots
- Quick Beef Pho for Two
- Jen's Crab and Corn Chowder
- Vegan Lentil Soup
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- VEGAN Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Grape jelly
- BBQ Smokey Sauce
- Quick Apricot & Coconut Bliss Balls - Nut & Sugar Free
- Pasta-less Lasagne
- Satay Sauce
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Tomato Ketchup
- Garlic and Caper Aioli
- F45 Cacao Bliss Balls
- Satay coconut curried vegetables
- Poached Chicken in Lemongrass Broth
- Grandma's Anzac Biscuits