- 80 grams brown rice
- 50 grams almonds
- 1 onion, Halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk Celery, Quartered
- 2 carrots, Quartered
- 30 grams olive oil
- 1 litre water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons veggie stock paste
- 100 grams frozen peas
- 1/2 bunch parsley, Chopped
Grind rice in bowl 1 min/Sp 9.
Add almonds and grind 20 sec/Sp 9 or until smooth. Set aside.
Place onion, garlic, celery and carrots into bowl and chop for 5 sec/Sp 5.
Add oil and cook for 3 mins/100c/Sp 1.
Add water, stock paste and reserved ground rice and almonds and cook for 30 mins/100c/Rev/Sp 1.
Add parsley and peas and cook for another 5 mins/100c/Rev/Sp 1.
Season with salt & pepper to taste.
Accessories you need
This is a vegan/vegetarian version of Quirky Cooking's Creamy Chicken & Brown Rice Soup. I grind all of the rice as I've never been able to get the whole brown rice cooked to a nice consistency. This is a really creamy and filling soup. I tell my children that it's chicken soup and they demolish it!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE CAKE/CUPCAKE
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Creamy tuna dip
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)