- Small handful fresh coriander leaves
- Few sprigs parsley
- 1 carrot, chopped in thirds
- 1 stick celery chopped in thirds
- 200-250 g pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 whole chilli or 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- Pinch saffron (optional)
- 50 g tomato paste
- 400 g tin tomatoes
- 200 g red lentils, rinsed
- 600 g chicken stock, or water and 1 tbsp TM stock
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
Place coriander and parsley into TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 6. Set aside.
Place carrot, celery, and pumpkin into TM bowl and chop for 4 seconds on speed 6. Set aside.
onion, garlic, ginger and chilli into TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on
speed 6, add oil and all dry spices then sauté for 5 minutes at Varoma
temperature on speed 2 with MC off. Add chopped vegetables, tomato paste,
tomatoes, lentils and stock and cook for 35 minutes at 100°C on speed
Add seasoning and chopped herbs, and purée for 5-6 seconds on speed 9 before serving.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Courgette soup Lou`s way
- Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Veggie, cashew & twiggy stick soup
- Crab and sweetcorn chowder
- Pumpkin Soup
- Quick Carrot & Cashew Soup
- Variation Roast Vegetable Soup
- Radish soup
- Nat's perfect pumpkin soup
- Roasted Butternut Pumpkin Soup
- Tuscan bean soup
- Potato, bacon and leek soup
- Pork Belly Ramen
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- MULLED CIDER
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Butternut and bacon macaroni cheese
- Tuscan bean soup
- Chicken tikka masala
- Parsley Oil
- Black bean tomato soup with coriander lime cream
- Warm apple pie smoothie bowl
- Spicy cauliflower soup
- Broccoli and blue cheese soup