- 1 onion, halved
- 2 garlic clove
- 150 g bacon, (optional)
- 150 g carrots, cut into pieces
- 30 g olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli flake, dried, (optional)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 pumpkin, Kent, cut into small pieces
- 3 potatoes, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoons Vegetable stock paste
- 500 g water, (or until at max line)
- 50 g cream, (optional)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Put onion, garlic, bacon & carrots into thermomix. Chop 6 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down.
2. Put olive oil, chilli flakes (if you like a kick), smoked paprika & cumin into thermomix. Saute 5 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1 (MC off). Scrape down.
3. Put pumpkin, potatoes, vegetable stock & water into thermomix. Cook 25 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1 (simmering basket on top to avoid splatter)
4. Pour cream into thermomix & cook 3 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1
5. Serve immediately with coriander (if using)
Perfect for using up leftover veggies!
Accessories you need
For vegan option - substitute cream for coconut cream and subtract the bacon.
If you like a smoother consistency - after step 4, blend for 30 seconds on speed 8
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
- CORN CHOWDER
- Variation Tomato Soup
- Broccoli and Kale Soup
- Green goodness soup
- Potato Soup
- Roasted pumpkin and carrot soup
- Cauliflower and brocolli soup
- Roast Pumpkin, Garlic & Corn soup with Caramelised Onion
- Cream of Brocolli Soup
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup