- 150 g roasted salted peanuts
- 30 g peanut oil, to taste
Peanut butter gelato
- 650 g full cream milk
- 140 g caster sugar
- 50 g skim milk powder
- 50 g roasted salted peanuts
- 150 g dark chocolate chips
- Place peanuts into mixing bowl and chop 15 sec/speed 7.
- Add oil and mix 1 min/speed 5, until smooth. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Without washing mixing bowl, place milk into mixing bowl and warm 5 min/37°C/speed 2.
- Insert butterfly whisk. Add sugar, milk powder and reserved peanut butter and cook 8 min/90°C/speed 2, then blend 10 sec/speed 4. Remove butterfly whisk.
- Pour mixture, up to 4 cm high, into shallow freezable containers or ice cube trays and cover with plastic wrap. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature before placing into freezer overnight.
- Transfer frozen gelato mixture into refrigerator for 15 minutes to soften slightly, then cut into pieces (4 x 4 cm). Place half of the gelato pieces into mixing bowl and blend 20 sec/speed 6, then mix 10 sec/speed 4 with aid of spatula. Transfer ice cream into a freezable container.
- Place remaining frozen gelato pieces into mixing bowl and blend 20 sec/speed 6, then mix 10 sec/speed 4 with aid of spatula. Transfer into freezable container with gelato and return to freezer for a minimum of 2 hours. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Line a baking tray (30 x 40 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Place peanuts into mixing bowl and crush 8 sec/speed 7. Transfer into small bowl and set aside.
- Place chocolate into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 10. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula. Melt 3 min/100°C/speed 2. Spread melted chocolate out thinly onto prepared baking tray. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the reserved crushed peanuts. Place into refrigerator to set (approx. 10 minutes).
- Break bark into shards. Serve gelato with bark and sprinkle with remaining crushed peanuts.
Peanut butter gelato
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Banana Salted nut ice cream
- Christmas panettone pudding
- Sunday pancakes
- Raw Strawberry Slice
- Variation Low GI Bliss Balls - Diabetic Friendly
- Frozen Key Lime and Margarita Cheesecake
- STRAWBERRY and COCONUT ICE CREAM
- Nanna Mary's Chocolate Pudding
- Banana & honey frozen yoghurt ice creams
- Raw Tiramisu Cheesecake
- Chocolate Ganache Tart/Pie
- Fruit crumble (dairy free, grain free, sugar free)
- Soba noodle and tofu salad
- Rosemary and sea salt crackers
- Breakfast bars
- Turkey patties
- Cheesecake with meringue topping (Sernik Rosa)
- Sticky bottom dumplings
- Caramel and macadamia cheesecake
- Spicy prawn salad
- Baked cherry crumble cheesecake
- Strawberry champagne cocktail
- Mimosa Float
- Gingerbread ice cream