- 500 g rhubarb, (I bunch)
- 40 g raw sugar
- 1000 g water
2) Add 1000g water into TM bowl and fit lid.
3) Add washed, trimmed and chopped rhubarb pieces into selected bowl, sprinkle over 40g sugar (no need for any water) cover the bowl with lid or foil.
4) Add the bowl with rhubarb into the Varoma, ensuring there are some unobstructed steam holes, or sit bowl on a trivet or something (eg 2 knives) to lift the bowl to allow good steam circulation.
5) Steam 50 mins/Varoma/Speed 1
Be gentle when serving to preserve the shape of the soft pieces of rhubarb (avoiding a stringy look). Serve with some of the red syrup. Delicious served with ice cream, yoghurt, cream or custard. Vary the quantity of sugar or use alternative sweeteners as desired. A little vanilla essence or sprinkling of cinnamon may be added for delicious variation.
Accessories you need
This is a cooking method that will work well with a variety of fruit.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Keto Ice Cream
- Eggless edible cookie dough
- Delectable Millionaire’s Shortbread (Caramel Slice)
- Meringue Cupcakes "skuimpies"
- Healthy chocolate coconut slice
- Creamy Leche Flan
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- Chocolate Chia Pudding (Vegan)
- Chia Custard Pudding - adapted from Pete Evans recipe (Paleo)
- Thermo Cazza's Rocky Road
- Berry Yogurt Sorbet
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Pumpkin Pie
- Blood Orange Marmalade
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Banoffee Porridge
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Kick-ass Cheddar Cheese and Jalapeño Biscuits
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Creamy Leche Flan
- Genovese pasta