- 500 g rhubarb, (I bunch)
- 40 g raw sugar
- 1000 g water
- 1) Select a bowl or small casserole dish that will fit in the Varoma with Varoma lid sitting correctly. If the bowl has a lid that fits, that's great. If not, use a piece of foil to cover the bowl during the steaming.
2) Add 1000g water into TM bowl and fit lid.
3) Add washed, trimmed and chopped rhubarb pieces into selected bowl, sprinkle over 40g sugar (no need for any water) cover the bowl with lid or foil.
4) Add the bowl with rhubarb into the Varoma, ensuring there are some unobstructed steam holes, or sit bowl on a trivet or something (eg 2 knives) to lift the bowl to allow good steam circulation.
5) Steam 50 mins/Varoma/Speed 1
- Serve warm or allow to cool then refrigerate.
Be gentle when serving to preserve the shape of the soft pieces of rhubarb (avoiding a stringy look). Serve with some of the red syrup. Delicious served with ice cream, yoghurt, cream or custard. Vary the quantity of sugar or use alternative sweeteners as desired. A little vanilla essence or sprinkling of cinnamon may be added for delicious variation.
Accessories you need
This is a cooking method that will work well with a variety of fruit.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Donut ice-cream
- Superfood Seed Bar
- Barney Banana Ice Cream
- Super Easy Waffles
- Biscoff Icecream
- Cherry Ripe Slice
- Raw Berry Caramel Slice
- Snow Skin Mooncake
- Mooncake Fruit Custard Filling
- Mandarin, Almond & Cardamom Muffins
- Apple & Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- White Chocolate & Berry Cheesecake - Gluten Free