- 1 red capsicum
- 10 grams olive oil, for seasoning
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 2 sheet Puff pastry
- 30 grams baby spinach
- 500 grams chicken mince
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 egg white
- 40 grams traditional feta, crumbled with the liquid squeezed out as much as possible
Take out puff pastry sheets to defrost in the fridge. Preheat oven to 180oC.
Cut the capsicum into four pieces, ensuring to remove and discard the seeds and membranes. Place capsicum on a lined baking tray and season both sides with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 30-35 minutes in the oven. When tender, let the capsicum cool peel the skin off the capsicum. Discard the skin and leave it aside to continue to cool.
Increase oven temperature to 200oC. Add spinach to the TM bowl and chop 5 sec / speed 7. Add cooled roast capsicum and chop 4 sec / speed 4.
Add chicken mince, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix 5 -7sec / speed 2.
Divide mixed mince mixture into two. Lay out defrosted puff pastry sheet and spread one batch of mince evenly over one sheet of puff pastry, leaving a small space one end of the sheet to seal the pinwheel.
Sprinkle the crumbed feta over the mince mixture. Roll the puff pastry and mince, starting at the bottom and sealing the pastry with egg white. Repeat this step and the previous step to create the second pinwheel log.
Cut the pinwheel log into 5 -6 pieces (subject to how thick you like your pinwheels). Place the pinwheels on the a lined baking tray. If you happen to have any additional feta pieces, poke them into the mince mixture.
Bake the pinwheels until they are golden brown, approximately 30-40 minutes. Serve and enjoy as they come fresh out of the oven.
Roast the Capsicum
For the Pinwheel
Accessories you need
To see step by step pictures visit my blog - www.lalaskitchen.net
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lisa's Vegetable Pikelets
- Little piggy faces
- Savoury cheese scone
- Maria's Meat Balls
- More Again Savory Paleo Muffin
- Crispy nutty crackers
- Keto Low Carb Yeast Buns/Bread
- Rosemary Cranberry Crackers (Adapted from ATCO Blue Flame Kitchen)
- Haloumi & Corn Fritter bites
- Nuts and Bolts with a twist
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Caldaretta (Filipino Beef Stew)
- Chocolate Tagliatelle with Choc Hazelnut Sauce
- Pink Moscato Panna Cotta with Pistachios
- Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Barbecue Pork Belly Skewers
- Crayfish Tails Steamed in Beer
- Mango Mousse Cups
- Chocolate Malteser Fudge
- Caramalised Onion and Blue Cheese Sauce
- Brownie Batter Spread
- Sweet Filipino Spaghetti
- Sweet Custard Buns