- 50 g quinoa
- 500 g liquid stock (or 500g water plus 1/4tsp stock paste)
- 1 tbsp yoghurt (or buttermilk or whey), omit if dairy free
- 80 g quinoa flour (mill your own, see tip)
- 110 g polenta
- 60 g arrowroot or tapioca
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Rapadura Sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 100 g coconut oil (or macadamia or olive oil)
- 250 g rice milk (or oat milk or other dairy free milk)
- 100 g cooked corn (tinned or fresh), optional
12h 25minPreparation 12h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place 50g quinoa in small bowl or mesh strainer and rinse well. Add stock and yoghurt and allow to soak for a few hours or overnight. Rinse.
Cover Varoma tray with baking paper and spread out soaked quinoa (see photo). Cook 20 minutes / Varoma / speed 2. Set cooked quinoa aside in bowl and allow to cool.
Preheat oven to 190˚C. Lightly grease a 20cm (8") cake tin with oil (see tip for lunchbox muffins or slice).
To clean, dry TM bowl add quinoa flour, polenta, arrowroot, bicarb soda, baking powder, sugar and salt and mix 20 secs / speed 4.
Add vinegar, oil, milk and cooked quinoa and mix 10 secs / speed 3. Scrape down and repeat until just combined. Add cooked corn (if using) and mix 5 secs / / speed 3-4.
Pour mixture into prepared tin and bake 25-30 mins or until cooked. Turn out onto wire rack and allow to cool, or serve warm
For cornbread that you can slice and serve with your choice of topping, bake in a square cake tin or loaf tin. For easy to freeze lunch box snacks, bake in a slice tin (first pic) and cut into desired size or muffin or mini-muffin trays (second pic). Cooking time will vary so adjust accordingly and keep an eye on the oven. Cooking time given in recipe is for a 20cm (8in) cake tin.
To mill your own quinoa flour, add 80g quinoa to clean, dry TM bowl and mill 2 mins / speed 10 (see note below).
NOTE: Quinoa grains have a natural bitter-tasting coating so unless you know that your quinoa is pre-washed and dried, you will need to do this step before milling or just use store-bought quinoa flour.
Original recipe from Wholefood for Children by Jude Blereau. Adapeted for Thermomix by Erica Noble.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Chicken & Leek Filling
- Beef curry pies (Pie-maker)
- Spinach and ricotta muffins
- Yorkshire Pudding
- Keto Scrolls - Mozarella Fat Head Dough
- MEDITERRANEAN SCROLLS
- SICILIAN BRIOCHE
- Lisa's Vegetable Pikelets
- Little piggy faces
- Savoury cheese scone
- Maria's Meat Balls
- More Again Savory Paleo Muffin
- Healthy(ier) Monte Carlo Biscuits
- Lemon Curd and Blueberry Streusel Cake
- Rhubarb Ginger and Orange Sorbet
- Slow cooked lamb madras curry
- Roasted Green Chicken Curry
- Cheesy Pumpkin and Caraway Pan Scones
- Jude Blereau's World Peace Bars
- Baklava Muffins
- Vanilla Sugar Biscuits
- Shortbread Stars
- Boules de Neige (Snowballs)
- Chocolate and espresso brulee tarts
- Variation Zucchini Slice gluten free
- F45 Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Spicy Mexican Bowl with Avocado
- Subway style Italian rolls
- Savoury Streusel Muffins
- Adaption of Ambitious Kitchen's Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Steamed chicken quinoa vegetable soup
- Spicy Kale and quinoa salad
- Ham and Cheese Gluten Free Quinoa Muffins (Dairy Free Variations)
- Baby Food - Quinoa and Apple Puree
- Corn Bread