- 60 g pearl barley
- 60 g Wheat / Spelt / Rye Grain, or use pre-milled rye flour
- 300 g warm water
- 1 package yeast or 20g fresh yeast
- 20 g olive oil
- 420 g bakers flour, or use an organic plain flour
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- pitted olives, sliced or whole
- ham, in small pieces
- Chedder cheese, in 1-2cm cubes
8Recipe is created for
1. Mill barley and rye for 1.5 - 2 minutes (1 minute if rye flour is per-milled).
2. Add warm water, yeast, oil, bakers flour and salt (in this order)
3. Mix for 5 seconds on speed 7.
4. Knead for 1.5 minutes on interval speed.
5. Put dough on to Thermomat or in a Thermoserver lined with baking paper for 20-30 minutes
6. Split dough into 10-12 portions.
7. Roll each portion into a ball, flatten and place filling into the middle. Cover up the filling with the dough and roll into a ball again ensuring the filling is completely covered by dough.
8. Put rolls onto a baking tray lined with baking paper (or you can use your thermomat) and place into a cold oven and turn on to 180C, bake for 20-25 minutes (until golden brown)
1. Slice olives (about a handful) or leave whole if wish.
2. Cut cheese into 10-12 cubes (1-2cm)
3. Rip ham into small pieces (depending on what you want to fill your roll with)
4. Use other favourite ingredients such as pineapple, sundried tomato, dried fruit
5. Don't put too much into the middle of the roll, keep to 1-3 bits of filling
6. Go to step 7. in roll preparation steps
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.