- 200 grams raw almonds, preferably organic
- 1.5 litres Purified Water, plus extra to soak
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla powder
- 1/2 teaspoon himilayan salt
1. Soak Almonds in Purified Water overnight, or for a minimum 8 hours.
2. Drain and dispose of water.
3. Place almonds in Thermomix bowl with 1/2 the water blend 7 minutes / Speed 7. Add remaining water and blend for a further 30 seconds / Speed 7.
4. Place your Nut Milk bag into a sieve and pour mylk in to strain. If you don't have a bag you can use muslin or a chux cloth over a sieve. Squeeze as much liquid out of the pulp as possible - you want all the good oils.
5. Place 200g of mylk back into bowl with remaining ingredients. There is no need to rinse bowl. Blend for 2 minutes / Speed 8.
6. Add remaining Almond Mylk and Blend for 10 sec / Speed 8.
7. Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
You can dehydrate the pulp to use in place of almond meal if you wish. This is why the dates, powders and salt don't go in with the nuts. Just add a little extra oil in your recipe such as Macadamia. Heat oven to 50 degrees and place in oven for 2 hours.
This video of Matt Stone's may be helpful, and the Warm Almond Milk Rice Pudding is Ah-mazing!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Bake
- Blueberry, Yoghurt & Wild Orange Straps
- Raspberry, Lime & Coconut Icypoles
- Summer in a Glass Fruit Smoothie
- Banana & Calendula Muffins GF DF
- Ev's Energetic Cacao Pops
- Clone of Amazingly Easy Chocolate Fudge - Rocky Road Style
- Coffee Scrolls
- Bombay Chicken with Spinach Rice, Pappadums & Mango Chutney
- Cherry Ripe Amazaballs