- 2 cans 270g Ayam Premium coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons agar agar
- 2 capsules Probiotic, (Inner Health Plus or equivalent)
- 1/2 tablespoon Maple syrup
- 1 or 2 sterilised containers (glass jars are best)
Add coconut milk, Tapioca Flour and Agar Agar to bowl.
Heat for 5 minutes, 90 degree's, speed 2.
Allow to cool to 37 degrees (this can take up to an hour at room temperature).
At 37 degrees, set to speed 2 and add contents of probiotic capsules and maple syrup.
Stir for a minute on speed 2 or until well combined.
Pour yoghurt into sterilised glass jars. It is helpful if the jars are slightly warmer than body temperature (if sterilsing jars during the cooling period by using an oven, move jars onto bench to cool 5 minutes before filling). If too hot, the probiotics may be killed.
Leave incubating undisturbed for 18 hours, or longer if you prefer a tarter taste.
Place in fridge for 4+ hours before stirring and serving.
Incubation options I have tried with success:
* Wrapping jar in a teatowel and placing somewhere warm (on top of the Foxtel box, in an oven with oven light on, in the garage etc).
* Fill an easiyo incubator with hot water up to the bottom of the base, and place jar inside, Do NOT allow very hot water to touch the jar as this may kill the probiotic.
You could also try using a warmed thermoserver. The key point is to ensure that the temperature is around 40 degrees. Too hot and the bacteria will die off and your yoghurt will not turn out as well.
Coconut yoghurt will take longer to ferment than dairy based yoghurt. Be patient and allow at least 14 hours for fermentation before refridgeration. 18 hours gave me a great result, not too tart and still thick and creamy. Try anywhere up to 24 hours if you like it tangy.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Fluffy American Pancakes
- Creamy coconut yoghurt Tm6
- TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Breakfast Müsli in a Jar
- Kim's Mulberry and Chia Seed Jam
- Banana oat pancake
- No more coco pops- Puffed Buckwheat choc cereal
- Easy yogurt
- Bertha's "St. Patrick's" Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes
- Almond Seed Snack (Like Munch Crunch)
- fruit Bars or bites