- 150 g instant full cream milk powder
- 10 g Organic Vanilla Paste
- 80 g raw sugar milled
- 150 g Vanilla Jalna Pot Set Yoghurt, Or pre made culture from last batch of yoghurt made
1. Weigh in milk, sugar, vanilla, and milk powder into TM bowl - It will come up just under the max fill line.
Mix on speed 7 for 10secs
2. Cook for 35 minutes/90 degrees/Speed 2-3.
I then leave my mixture sit in the Thermomix until it cools to 37deg.
Your Thermie will turn off, but turn it back on to see what temp the mix has cooled to with the illuminated temp light. It should take around 1-2 hours to cool.
3. When milk mixture is cool enough, add your 150g yoghurt culture. If not, allow to cool for longer. If you don't allow it to cool below 37 degrees you will kill the live culture (yoghurt) when adding it and your yoghurt won't work.
4. Mix on speed 4 for approx 20 secs
or if the mix has cooled below the 37 deg, turn the mix on 37deg, 10mins, speed 3 or just until the 37 deg has been reached
5.Place milk mixture into Thermoserver or container to be set in immediately, leaving off the base for the Thermoserver, and place in the oven with just the light on.
For best results, leave between 6 and 12 hours, un disturbed.
Yoghurt will be more sour the longer you leave it.
Personally I found between 6 and 7 hours was absolutely perfect
Put in fridge until cooled and eat as desired
I usually start this at abnout 5:30pm which means I'm putting my yoghurt 'to bed' as I go to bed! Then it's ready in the morning. OR start in the morning, it's finished by the time you get home and can cool in the fridge overnight for eating the next day.
The new 2.6L Thermoservers are perfect for this double batch but it can be carefully made in the 2.2L!
DON'T FORGET to keep 150g of the yoghurt for your next batch!
Parenting tip - your kids may be used to a LOT more sugar in their yoghurt. You may find you need to put up to 250g in to start with, then gradually wean them off a little bit each time you make a batch!
I add fruit or honey after the yoghurt has set.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Healthy Pancakes
- Sous Vide Japanese style egg
- FLUFFY OAT & CINNAMON PANCAKES WITH CREAMY MAPLE SYRUP
- Kels Saucy Mexican Seasoning or Taco/Nacho Mix
- Chocolate Nut & Seed Balls
- Apple slice Yoghurt pancakes
- Chocolate Protein Balls
- Healthy Gluten Free Pikelets
- Large Batch Plum Jam
- Large batch Apricot Jam
- Sugar free, Dairy free & Gluten free Banana Bread