- •2 cansOrganic Coconut Cream (800 grams total)
- •200 gramswater
- ---OR make your own coconut milk to equal about 1 litre
- • 1 tsp yoghurt, starter powder (buy at health food store) OR ¼ cup store bought non-dairy such as CoYo
- • 1 Tblsp agar agar
- • 1/3 cup heaped measure of tapioca flour (arrowroot)
- • 1 Tblsp Xylitol (for bacterial culture to feed on)
Sterilise your mixing spoons and other utensils with boiling water before beginning.
Sit at room temperature your yoghurt starter or store-bought yoghurt.
In the Thermomix, blend coconut milk, agar agar & tapioca flour for 10 secs on Speed 4. Heat to 80 degrees. About 7 mins, Speed 3.
Leave in Thermomix till it cools to 37 degrees. This may take 1.5 to 2 hours.
Once coconut milk cooled to 37 degrees, add Xylitol. Mix in well, Speed 3 for 10 secs
Pour about 1/2 cup of cooled coconut milk into small jug (sterilised) containing your yoghurt starter or store bought yoghurt. Stir well.
Pour the inoculated batch back into the Thermomix containing the remainder of the cooled coconut milk.
Blend gently on Speed 3 for 4 secs.
Cook for about 3 mins on Speed 1, 37 degrees. To bring to even temperature.
While the yoghurt is heating fill your container with hot boiling water and place lid on it to sterilise and warm it.
Empty the water from the food Thermos and pour the yoghurt in.
Once sealed, wrap some tea towels around the food thermos and leave undisturbed for 8-10 hours. Then pour into containers and refrigerate.
To make coconut milk using the Thermomix. Soak 2 cups of dessicated coconut in 4 cups of water for 2 hours. Then in Thermomix, make sure it heats to 100 degrees, Speed 4 - about 5 mins or so. Then mix for 20 secs on Speed 8. Strain through stainless steel funnel or cheese cloth to create coconut milk.
Tip: Buy Agar Agar from an Asian Grocer - comes in 28g bags for around $2 opposed to over $12 at my local health food store. It comes in long strings - I threw it in the Thermomix and ground it down at Sp 10 for about 40 seconds.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gluten Free Wonton/ Dumpling Wrappers
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Lemon Curd
- Variation Curry Powder
- LYNN'S SPREADABLE BUTTER
- Vegan pouring cream for savoury recipes
- Caster Sugar (using white sugar)
- Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Vegan Parmesan (Noochesan!)
- Chicken Stock Powder
- GF Protein Balls
- Lemon Lime Curd
- South Pacific Raita
- Simple Gluten Free Pizza Bases
- Gourmet crackers
- Yoghurt Pizza Dough
- Mango chicken curry
- Ultimate Breakfast Muffins
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Gluten free berry yoghurt cake
- Chicken Tikka Pathia (adapted from British Indian Restaurant/Take Away recipes)
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Curried Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Zucchini and Haloumi Frittera with Yoghurt and Salsa