- 500 grams dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 125 grams unsalted butter, (Can use Nuttelex for Lactose free)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon plain flour, Sifted
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 200 degrees
Grease and line a 20cm round springform cake tin.
1. Weigh Chocolate in bowl, then grate speed 7 until fine (mine took 10 seconds but I broke into pieces into the bowl)
2. Add butter and golden syrup. Melt items together - 45 degrees, 4 mins, speed 1. You may need a further 60 seconds if not fully melted.
Transfer mix to thermoserver (no lid)
(You could rinse the bowl but I didn't!)
3. Place butterfly whisk in bowl. Add eggs and sugar and beat at speed 4 for 10 minutes. Add sifted flour and beat for a further 20 seconds on speed 4.
4. Fold egg mixture into chocolate mixture with a spatula.
Pour into prepared baking tin and bake for 12 minutes.
When you remove from oven run a knife around edge of the cake and release the springform collar.
Leave cake in the fridge for at least an hour to cool and set.
You can use lactose free chocolate (I use 80%) and nuttelex to make lactose free. You can also use gluten free flour. The golden syrup can be replaced with dextrose or coconut oil for a healthier option.
Serve with cream, ice cream or marscapone to cut through the richness of the cake.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Keto Ice Cream
- Eggless edible cookie dough
- Delectable Millionaire’s Shortbread (Caramel Slice)
- Meringue Cupcakes "skuimpies"
- Healthy chocolate coconut slice
- Creamy Leche Flan
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- Chocolate Chia Pudding (Vegan)
- Chia Custard Pudding - adapted from Pete Evans recipe (Paleo)
- Thermo Cazza's Rocky Road
- Berry Yogurt Sorbet