- 100 grams almonds
- 300 grams laddoo besan
- 3 tbsp powdered milk
- 200 grams Ghee
- 3 tsp ground cardamom, skin removed
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- 395 grams condensed milk, 1 tin
- 3 tbsp shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped for garnish
- 2 sheets silver leaf, optional for garnish
5h 0minPreparation 5h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Grease and line a slice tin with baking paper, set aside.
- Place almonds into mixing bowl, mill 10sec/speed7. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Place cardamom seeds and raw sugar into the mixing bowl, mill 15sec/speed8. Transfer to a bowl
and set aside.
- Place the laddoo besan into the mixing bowl and roast for 8 min/Varoma/speed 2.
- Scrape down the sides of mixing bowl with a spatula and roast a further 8 min/Varoma/ reverse)
- Add 100g of ghee and mix 20sec/speed 7, then roast 20mins/Varoma/speec2 – (taste roasted besan
and if you still get the raw taste, repeat to process for another 10 mins)
- Add milled almonds, powdered milk and remaining 100g ghee and cook for 15min/Varoma/speed1.
- Blend 30sec/ increasing speed gradually from speed 4-9
- Add the cardamom and condensed milk, mix 30 sec/speed 3. Transfer in prepared slice tin, sprinkle
the chopped pistachios and press down with a spatula to smooth the top.
- Place silver leaf randomly over the top if using.
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate until set, (approx. 3 ½ - 4hrs).
- Remove from the fridge, cut into squares and serve.
Besan Ki Burfi - THERMOMIX Method (modified)
Accessories you need
Laddoo besan is quite coarse compared to ordinary besan which is quite smooth. It is used to make besan laddoo and maghaj.
You can mill your own besan but make sure it has a coarse texture (similar to fine semolina)
Place 300g dried chickpeas into the mixing bowl and mill 50sec/speed 9 and repeat until you get desired
About - Besan Ki Burfi or Maghaj is an Indian gluten free fudge. Served on special occasions such as Diwali or Bhaidooj
(day afer Diwali), Maghaj is a simple and easy sweet to make, provided you stay patient.
The trick and an essential step to making Maghaj is to slowly roast the besan on low heat, taking care not to burn the besan.
This can take up to ½ hour…. Do not hurry this step otherwise you will get the raw taste of besan, spoiling the taste.
It is for this reason, I prefer to make Maghaj in a thermomix…. Once you set the temperature and the time, simply sit down and enjoy a much needed cup of chai, until the thermomix prompts you for the next step.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Egg Free Caramel Custard - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Chocolate Hazelnut Protein Balls
- Rice Bubble Slice - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Apricot & coconut bites
- Pear Crumble - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Val's Pavlova
- Estelles Apple Crumble
- Vegan GF Homemade Chocolates
- Nut-free Bliss Balls
- Taste Christmas Cake
- Keto Chocolate Nut Seed balls
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Keto Cauliflower and Zucchini Soup
- Rima’s Chefitup Maryam Mounajed’s Lamb Shank Mansef
- Raspberry Rounds
- Rima’s Fasoulyeh with meat
- Rima's Lebanese Mushroom and mince with rice
- Gujrati Kadhi
- GARLICY CHEESY PURI
- Spiced Up Chicken & Potato Curry
- Vegetarian Lasagne (Gluten free Dairy free option)
- Variation Balti Beef Curry