- 400 grams icing sugar
- 80 grams Butter, cubed
- 1 level tablespoon whole milk, If you are using oils instead of essense for flavour, increase the milk amount to 2 tablespoons
- 2 level teaspoons Peppermint essence/extract, You can use an ingestable peppermint oil as an alternative - but only a few drops would be required, so milk amount needs to be increased as per above
- 3 drops Food colouring, Optional
Place icing sugar and butter into the bowl and mix for 20sec/sp5. Scape down the sides and mix for a further 10sec/sp5. Mix should resemble a fine and clumpy crumb. Scape down the sides again.
Add milk, peppermint (if you intend to flavour the whole batch) and colour (if required) and mix for 10sec/sp5.
If you wish to do multiple flavours and colours, you can add these during the kneading in the next step, so just mix in the milk in this step.
Turn/scrape onto a clean kneading surface, sprinkled with icing sugar - do not use your thermomat as you will need to slice on the surface. Work the dough into a smooth ball, adding a little more icing sugar to the bench/dough as/if required. The dough texture should be that of a very soft smooth fondant. If it is cracking at all, it is getting too dry, so either add a touch more milk or work it in your hands a bit (the warmth should help melt the butter and keep it moist). Add in colour and flavours here if you haven't done so already.
Break off a small handful (cover the remaining dough so it doesn't dry out) and roll it into a log until it is approx 1cm wide, then cut off 1.5cm lengths and place them on a single layer on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
Allow to dry overnight. Store layered between wax paper in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 weeks
Try experimenting with different colours and flavours - pictured is pink rosewater, green mint and wild orange.
Please ensure that if you flavour with essential oils, they are ones intended for ingestion - not all essential oils are created equal.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Janine's Rez B Haleeb (Rice Pudding)
- Caramilk Cheesecake
- Soy bean Curd Jelly(Pudding)
- Caramilk Phily Cheesecake
- Cheesecake - Basic mix
- Chocolate Spiders
- Larger quantity Lemon Butter
- 20 Second Ginger Nut Balls
- Peppermint Choc Chip Ice Cream
- Walnut and coffee cheesecake slice
- VEGAN Cranberry & Vanilla Protein Balls