- 120 g dark chocolate, Kinnerton's luxury dark chocolate if possible
- 125 g dutch process cocoa
- 6 drop Peppermint Essence
- 700 g ice cube
- 85 g light corn syrup
- 160 g raw sugar
1. Grind 160 g raw sugar in dry bowl on speed 9 for 30 seconds or until fine.
2. Add 120 gm dark chocolate, 125 gm dutch process cocoa and 6 drops of peppermint essence. Process on speed 9 for 15 - 30 seconds until chocolate is fully ground.
3. Remove mixture to a separate bowl then add 700 gm ice to TM bowl and grind on speed 9 for at least 1 minutes. You need to remove the chocolate mixture before adding the ice as otherwise you risk the chocolate freezing to the bottom of the bowl.
4. Once the ice is reasonably powdery, add back the chocolate mixutre. As you will have a lot of chocolate mixture you may need to do this in 2-3 stages, continuing to process on speed 9 for up to 30 seconds at a time, scraping down with spatula in between. The mixture will still look quite powdery at this stage.
5. Add corn syrup and continue to process on speed 9 until mixture is smooth. If the mixture is not smooth enough, you can add a little more corn syrup. The purposes of the corn syrup is that it makes the sorbet smoother and creamier. If you have a child with an egg allergy and cannot add egg white, this is a good alternative!
Accessories you need
I may come back and edit this recipe at a later stage. As this is the first time I've used the TM to make a choc mint sorbet, I had to first find a choc mint sorbet recipe and then convert it for use. The original recipe called for 260 g sugar. I processed this amount of sugar and then set it aside before adding 100 g sugar back to the bowl and continuing with step 2. I also started with just 4 drops of peppermint essence and decided it wasn't 'minty' enough. Once I had everything combined, I slowly added some additional powdered sugar until the level of sweetness tasted 'right'.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easter chocolate egg nests
- Rima’s Lebanese Cocktail
- Aish al saraya
- Awwama (Lebanese sweet dumplings)
- Oat Milk Yogurt
- Rima’s Lebanese pistachio ice cream
- cocoa - energy balls (vegan&raw)
- Hazelnut and Amaranth Chocolate
- Variation Choc Peppermint Balls
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Choc Protein Balls