- 160 grams brown rice
- 40 grams buckwheat
- 40 grams millet
- 300 grams Deseeded medjool dates, (300g after seeds are removed)
- 160 grams tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 200 grams coconut oil
- 150 grams raw cacao nibs
- 200 grams raw cacao butter, chopped
- 100 grams Raw Honey
- 80 grams raw cacao powder
- 2 pinches fine sea salt
Weigh brown rice, buckwheat and millet into TM bowl. Grind on speed 9 for 1 minute. Set aside.
Weigh dates into TM bowl. Chop for 25 seconds on speed 7 - should form into a goopy ball.
Add remaining ingredients (EXCEPT cacao nibs) and mix on speed 6 for about 30 secs until thoroughly combined.
Add cacao nibs. Mix on reverse, speed 6 for another 20 secs or so.
Empty mixture into a bowl and refrigerate to harden for at least and hour or two.
The chocolate does take a while to make from scratch, so it's best to have the choc going in the TM while you form the cookie dough balls and let them re-harden in the fridge. If you'd rather not make your own chocolate, just melt some good quality dark chocolate once the formed cookie dough balls have re-hardened so they can be easily coated.
Weigh cacao butter into TM bowl. Melt for 15 mins on 37 degrees, speed 1.
Weigh honey into TM bowl, and 'cook' for 10 minutes on 37 degrees, speed 1.
Weigh cacao powder and salt into TM bowl. Whizz on speed 6 for 10-15 seconds. 'Cook' a further 20 mins on 37 degrees, speed 1.
Whizz again on speed 6 for 15-20 seconds, then pour into a deep dish (a glass works really well) in order to easily coat cookie dough balls.
As soon as you get the cacao butter started in the TM, get the hardened cookie dough mix out of the fridge. Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture out and mould into a ball (don't attempt to roll them). Put the ball on a plate/baking tray/portable flat surface, stick a toothpick in it, and continue with remaining cookie dough. Once all cookie dough is formed into balls, place tray of balls back in the fridge to re-harden while the chocolate-making continues.
Holding on to the toothpick, dip each cookie dough ball into chocolate to coat, and return to tray. When all balls have been coated, return tray to fridge to set. Enjoy!
This recipe is tweaked from one I found here: //planningwithkids.com/2012/03/25/cookie-dough-truffles/
I made it gluten free, nut free, dairy free, raw, and naturally-sweetened.
The raw chocolate recipe is from Quirky Jo: //quirkycooking.blogspot.com.au/2010/11/almost-raw-chocolate.html
These are perfect for Easter, Birthday parties, and other special occasions - or just as an occasional treat!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Condensed Milk Icecream
- Variation Rice Bubble Bars
- Chocolate Coco-nutty Granola
- Stracciatella Gelato
- Pear Galette
- Healthy Rum Balls
- Butterscotch Impossible Pie
- Notella Bliss Balls
- CREAMED RICE (THERMOMUMMA)
- Apple Protein Balls
- Gingerbread Waffles with (or without) Toffee Sauce
- Caramilk White Christmas Slice
- Chocolate Mousse Cake
- 'Peanut Butter' Banana Fudge (raw, nut-free)
- GF Cheesy Rolls
- Raw 'Caramel' Dip (or Date Spread)
- Mango Chutney
- Gluten-Free Spinach and Ricotta Gnocchi
- Roasted Tomato Sauce
- Gluten-free, Egg-free, Dairy-free Vegetable Fritters
- ABC Milk
- Zucchini Flower Risotto with Thyme Oil
- Strawberry, Mango and Passionfruit Jam
- That Thermo Chick's Gluten Free, Vegan & Paleo Anzac Biscuits
- Ginger and Fruit Cake
- Low FODMAP Muesli
- Vanilla & Cinnamon Toasted Granola
- Gluten Free Granola
- Carob choc chip Banana Muffins
- Mini Apple & Zucchini Muffins (gluten free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Banana Muffins (Gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free, nut free)
- PIZZA BASE (GLUTEN FREE, CORN FREE, SULPHUR FREE, NUT FREE)
- Peanut crunch protein bites
- Multi-seed Gluten Free Bread
- Allergy Friendly Jam Drops