- 300 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting (00 flour is preferred)
- 120 g caster sugar
- 1 sachet Lievito Vaniglinato per Dolci, (see Tips)
- 130 g unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into cubes
- 2 eggs
- 2 oranges, zest only
- 800 g Italian-style ricotta, well drained (see Tips)
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk, whisked
- flaked almonds, for sprinkling
- 100 g dark chocolate, melted, for drizzling
- Place flour, sugar, Lievito Vaniglinato (see Tips), butter and eggs into mixing bowl and knead 1 min/"Dough mode" .
- Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and bring together into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 to rest.
- Meanwhile, place orange zest into mixing bowl and chop 10 sec/speed 8. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add ricotta (see Tips), sugar and vanilla and combine 30 sec/speed 3, with aid of spatula.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and place onto a floured work surface. Divide dough into 2/3 for the base and 1/3 for the lid of the tart. Gently roll dough for base into a circle (25cm) and place into a round 25cm tart tin. Trim the edges to top of tin then spread ricotta filling evenly into base.
- Roll remaining dough into a circle to cover the tart. Trim sides and gently pinch edges together to seal top and bottom pastry together.
- Brush tart with egg yolk and sprinkle flaked almonds evenly over tart then bake for 40-50 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve tart drizzled with melted chocolate. Buon appetito!
Accessories you need
Lievito Vaniglinato per Dolci is a vanilla flavoured yeast traditionally used for sweets in Italy. You can find it in most Italian continental grocers or online. Alternatively you can combine 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder with 1 tsp vanilla extract.
This ricotta tart works best if the ricotta is quite firm. It is best to drain the ricotta overnight if possible to remove liquid.
1kg of Italian-style ricotta (chunky) drained in a sieve will result in approx. 800 g.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- Chocolate Mouse (translated from Schokoladen-Mousse recipe)
- Zserbo aka Gerbeaud cake (Hungarian layer cake)
- Jilly’s No Fail Rum Balls
- Gluten free sponge
- Christmas 🎄 jelly candys
- Variation Knafeh (Middle Eastern Custard Dessert)
- Lemon Slice
- gulten free rice cake
- Biscoff slice
- Variation Thermomix Russian Fudge
- Melted Chocolate