- 300 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting (00 flour is preferred)
- 120 g caster sugar
- 1 sachet Lievito Vaniglinato per Dolci, (see Tips)
- 130 g unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into cubes
- 2 eggs
- 2 oranges, zest only
- 800 g Italian-style ricotta, well drained (see Tips)
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk, whisked
- flaked almonds, for sprinkling
- 100 g dark chocolate, melted, for drizzling
- Place flour, sugar, Lievito Vaniglinato (see Tips), butter and eggs into mixing bowl and knead 1 min/.
- Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and bring together into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 to rest.
- Meanwhile, place orange zest into mixing bowl and chop 10 sec/speed 8. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add ricotta (see Tips), sugar and vanilla and combine 30 sec/speed 3, with aid of spatula.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and place onto a floured work surface. Divide dough into 2/3 for the base and 1/3 for the lid of the tart. Gently roll dough for base into a circle (25cm) and place into a round 25cm tart tin. Trim the edges to top of tin then spread ricotta filling evenly into base.
- Roll remaining dough into a circle to cover the tart. Trim sides and gently pinch edges together to seal top and bottom pastry together.
- Brush tart with egg yolk and sprinkle flaked almonds evenly over tart then bake for 40-50 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve tart drizzled with melted chocolate. Buon appetito!
Lievito Vaniglinato per Dolci is a vanilla flavoured yeast traditionally used for sweets in Italy. You can find it in most Italian continental grocers or online. Alternatively you can combine 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder with 1 tsp vanilla extract.
This ricotta tart works best if the ricotta is quite firm. It is best to drain the ricotta overnight if possible to remove liquid.
1kg of Italian-style ricotta (chunky) drained in a sieve will result in approx. 800 g.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Freezer Chocolate
- Quick Reliable Fudge
- Mums Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- Redskin Fudge
- Sticky Date Pudding
- Orange, Blueberry & Nut Cake
- Classic lemon tart
- Madarica - Croatian chocolate slice
- Crostata ricotta with Nutella and choc chips
- HCG Apple Crisp
- Banana Anzac Crumble
- ANZAC Choccy Biccy Balls