- 400 grams coconut cream
- 400 grams coconut milk
- 80 grams Coconut sugar
- 4 Organic Egg Yolks
- 1 tsp organic vanilla essence
- 20 grams Glacé ginger
- 100 grams dates
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 80 grams almond meal
- 60 grams Arrowroot
- 20 grams Coconut Flour
- 20 grams cacao powder
- 2 tbsp Coconut sugar
- 4 Large Organic Eggs
- 100 grams coconut oil
- 60 grams coconut milk
- 40 grams Glacé ginger
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place the coconut cream and milk, along with coconut sugar, eggs and vanilla into the Thermomix and cook 8 Mins/90°/Speed 4.
2. The mixture should be thickened slightly (enough to coat the back of a spoon). Pour into a bowl and place over an icebath to cool before placing the mixture into a a shallow container. Cover and place into the freezer for 3-4 hours or until firm but not completely frozen.
3. Place the ginger into the bowl and chop 5 Sec/Speed 5. Set aside.
4. Remove from the freezer and cut into small cubes. Place into the mixing bowl and blend for about 20 Sec/Speed 9. Scrape down the sides add the reserved ginger and whip a further 10 Sec/Speed 4.
5. Spray out 2 x 6 hole (1/3 cup capacity) silicone Easter Egg moulds with coconut or olive oil then pour the icecream into the moulds and freeze for a further 1-2 hours or until firm. Remove from the moulds once frozen and place into a suitable container and place back in the freezer until ready to serve. Wash out the moulds to bake the cakes in.
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. Place the ginger into the mixing bowl and chop 5 Sec/Speed 5. Set aside.
3. To make the cakes, place the dates into a small bowl covered with boiling water and add 1 tsp of the baking soda. Leave to soften for 5 minutes.
4. Place the flours, 1 tsp baking soda, cacao powder, sugar, eggs, coconut oil and coconut milk into the mixing bowl. Mix 10 Sec/Speed 6. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5. Drain the dates of the excess water and place into the mixing bowl. Process a further 10 Sec/Speed 6.
6. Place 2 x 6 hole silicone easter eggs moulds onto a large baking tray. Spray the moulds with coconut or olive oil spray. Pour the batter evenly into the 12 easter eggs moulds (1/3 cup capacity each).
7. Bake the cakes at 160°C for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. Once cooked, leave to cool in the moulds for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Once the cakes are cooled, slice off the uneven edge so you end up with a flat surface and a 1/2 egg shape from the mould. Reserve those pieces for crumbling onto the plates.
Accessories you need
These are beautifully Paleo, grain-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free! Enjoy!
This recipe is applicable for the TM31 & TM5.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- SUTLIJASH (RICE PUDDING)
- Chocolate Mousse - 2 ingredients and egg free
- Cashew Custard, dairy free
- Sticky Date and Pear Cake
- Raspberry, almond, cacao and hemp bliss balls
- Pouring sugar-free low-fat Vanilla Custard
- 'The Real Deal' Creme Brulee
- Chocolate Bliss Balls (my version of Boost Juice ones)
- Best Ever Lemon Meringue Pie
- Ferrero Rocher and Nutella cheesecake
- Paleo Chocolate Brownies GF
- Beef Rotolo
- Dairy Free Brazilian Cheese Puffs
- Shady Grady Cheesecake
- Gluten Free Profiteroles
- Steak & Kidney pie (paleo, AIP)
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- Variation Choc Peppermint Balls
- Jaffa Slice
- White Chocolate, Cherry Brandy Balls
- Vegan espresso coconut cream caramel
- Sesame and Linseed Gluten free bread