- 420 grams pitted dates
- 360 grams Boiling water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 150 grams unsalted butter
- 150 grams brown sugar
- 240 grams Self Raising Flour
- 3 eggs
- 150 grams unsalted butter, chopped into 2 cm squares
- 240 grams thickened cream
- 1 1/2 grams brown sugar
1h 25minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Pre-heat oven to 160 degree celcius. Line a greased 20cm cake tin with non-stick baking paper
Place pitted dates in mixing bowl and chop 8 seconds/speed 7
Stir with spatula then repeat 8 seconds/speed 7
Add boiling water and bicarb of soda to mixing bowl
Leave in bowl for 5 minutes
Add butter and brown sugar to the mixing bowl
Mix 10 seconds/speed 4
Add 240 grams of Self Raising flour to mixing bowl and 3 eggs
Mix 5 seconds/speed 4.
Pour mixture into a pre-prepared cake tin and bake for 60 - 70 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer
Place butter, sugar and cream into mixing bowl
Mix 9 minutes/90 degrees/speed 4
Pour Toffee Sauce into a jug
Slice cake a serving of cake and place it on a plate and pour on some Toffee Sauce
Method - Sticky Date Cake
Method - Toffee Sauce
Cake to be served at room temperature
Nice served with whipped cream
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Aish al saraya
- Awwama (Lebanese sweet dumplings)
- Oat Milk Yogurt
- Rima’s Lebanese pistachio ice cream
- cocoa - energy balls (vegan&raw)
- Hazelnut and Amaranth Chocolate
- Variation Choc Peppermint Balls
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Choc Protein Balls
- Coffee whip (dairy free, egg free, vegan)
- Quick Vanilla & Citrus Protein Bliss Balls