- 475 grams fresh cherries
Chop cherries 1 Second, speed 7, Set aside
In a jar with lid, combine the cherries with the lemon juice and 1/3 cup of the sugar; stir gently and allow to the cherries to macerate in the juices for 12 hours.
In TM bowl, combine the milk and 2/3 cup sugar until the sugar is dissolved, about 1-2 minutes, speed 1.
Stir in the heavy cream plus any accumulated juices from the cherries and vanilla.
No ice-cream maker.
Pour into ice-cream storage container and freeze.
Stir the mix every hour or so stir the mix and return to freezer until thick and smooth.
Add the cherries to the mix on the last stir.
Transfer to ice-cream maker.
Turn the machine ON, pour mixture into freezer bowl through ingredient spout and let mix until thickened, about 25 - 30 minutes.
Add the sliced cherries during the last 5 minutes of freezing.
FRESH CHERRY ICE CREAM
If you are using a Tovolo ice cream tub, first freeze 250ml cold water in between the two inner walls. This dose two things, 1. it makes a solid base, preventing breakage when scooping out the Ice-Cream. 2. It helps freeze the cream quicker.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paleo Choc Peanutbutter Bliss Balls
- Christmas Pudding - Gluten Free or Regular
- Chocolate Fudge (with homemade Condensed Milk)
- White Chocolate and Macadamia Cheesecake
- Variation Stewed Rhubarb and Apple
- Basque Cheesecake
- Paleo dates, macadamia and cacao bliss balls
- Vegan Sweet Potato Waffles
- Choc Mint Hummus
- Sticky Date Pudding with Caramel Sauce
- Coconut matcha panna cotta
- Macarons with White Chocolate and Raspberry Ganache
- SIMPLE PASSION FRUIT ICE CREAM
- Grantham Ginger Crunchies
- Butterscotch Cream Ice-Cream
- Crayfish and Prawn Dip
- Piri Piri Seasoning
- Slow-Cooked Beef Curry
- GARLIC PRAWN & CRAB DIP
- Vegetarian Chicken Flavoured Stock Powder
- Osram’s Christmas Nuts & Bolts
- Chillied Corn Fritters
- CANDIED MANDARIN PEEL
- Teriyaki Salmon