- 475 grams fresh cherries
Chop cherries 1 Second, speed 7, Set aside
In a jar with lid, combine the cherries with the lemon juice and 1/3 cup of the sugar; stir gently and allow to the cherries to macerate in the juices for 12 hours.
In TM bowl, combine the milk and 2/3 cup sugar until the sugar is dissolved, about 1-2 minutes, speed 1.
Stir in the heavy cream plus any accumulated juices from the cherries and vanilla.
No ice-cream maker.
Pour into ice-cream storage container and freeze.
Stir the mix every hour or so stir the mix and return to freezer until thick and smooth.
Add the cherries to the mix on the last stir.
Transfer to ice-cream maker.
Turn the machine ON, pour mixture into freezer bowl through ingredient spout and let mix until thickened, about 25 - 30 minutes.
Add the sliced cherries during the last 5 minutes of freezing.
FRESH CHERRY ICE CREAM
If you are using a Tovolo ice cream tub, first freeze 250ml cold water in between the two inner walls. This dose two things, 1. it makes a solid base, preventing breakage when scooping out the Ice-Cream. 2. It helps freeze the cream quicker.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rima’s Lebanese pistachio ice cream
- cocoa - energy balls (vegan&raw)
- Hazelnut and Amaranth Chocolate
- Variation Choc Peppermint Balls
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Choc Protein Balls
- Coffee whip (dairy free, egg free, vegan)
- Quick Vanilla & Citrus Protein Bliss Balls
- Variation pineapple and mango soft serve
- French Apple Tart with Pastry Cream
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- SIMPLE PASSION FRUIT ICE CREAM
- Grantham Ginger Crunchies
- Butterscotch Cream Ice-Cream
- Crayfish and Prawn Dip
- Piri Piri Seasoning
- Slow-Cooked Beef Curry
- GARLIC PRAWN & CRAB DIP
- Vegetarian Chicken Flavoured Stock Powder
- Osram’s Christmas Nuts & Bolts
- Chillied Corn Fritters
- CANDIED MANDARIN PEEL
- Teriyaki Salmon