THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 2 oranges
- 50 g icing sugar
- 1 pinch citric acid
- 1 pinch tartaric acid
- 170 g unsalted butter, chilled, cut into pieces (1-2 cm)
- 250 g orange juice (approx. 4 oranges)
- 30 g lemon juice
- 200 g caster sugar
- 9 eggs
16h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 60C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
2. Peel oranges and set aside flesh for juice.
3. Place peel onto prepared baking tray and dehydrate in oven for 8 hours or overnight (60C), or until peel is crispy.
4. Place dehydrated peel into mixing bowl and mill 1 min 30 sec/speed 10. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
5. Add remaining Orange sherbet ingredients and mix 10 sec/speed 9.
6. Pass sherbet through a fine mesh sieve into a sealable container. Cover and set aside until needed. Clean and dry mixing bowl and fine mesh sieve.
7. Place a bowl onto mixng bowl lid and weigh butter into it. Place into refrigerator until needed.
8. Place all remaining orange curd ingredients into mixing bowl and cook 8 min/80C/speed 4.
9. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, then mix 3-4 min/speed 2.5, slowly adding reserved chilled butter through hole in mixing bowl lid.
10. Pass curd through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl. Transfer into two shallow freezable containers. Place into freezer to set for a minimum 5-6 hours or overnight.
11. Remove curd from freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
12. Place 1/2 of the curd into mixing bowl and churn 30-40 sec/speed 7, with aid of spatula. Transfer into a large feezable container.
13. Place remaining curd into mixing bowl and churn 30-40 sec/speed 7, with aid of spatular. Transfer into container with other curd. Place curd back into the freezer to reset for approx. 1-2 hours or until needed.
14. To serve place one-two scoops of frozen curd into a serving bowl and dust with organge sherbet.
Frozen orange curd
Accessories you need
Other users also liked...
- Weetbix and fruit balls
- Pandan Chiffon Cake by Ivana
- THERMOMUMMA STEWED APPLE
- Apple Crumble
- Apple or Pear Rissotto (failsafe variables)
- Purini Mamaoa - Steamed Pudding
- Malva Pudding
- (NO CHURN)...... SMOOTH CREAMY - VANILLA ICECREAM
- Cherry Ripe Icecream
- Rainbow Ice-Cream Thermomix
- No bake cheesecake
- Date and Peanut Butter Protein Balls