- 40 g raw almonds
- 80 g raw cacao beans or nibs
- 40 g Goji Berries
- 75 g fresh medjool dates (7)
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao (optional)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 50 g fresh coconut flesh
- 30 g raw cashews
Add raw cacao beans, raw almonds and raw cashews to the TM bowl and grind into a fine powder on speed 9 for about 10-20 seconds. Decant and set aside.
Add fresh coconut to the TM bowl and grind on speed 9 for 20 seconds.
Add all remaining ingredients together with the ground nuts and cacao beans, and mix on speed 8 for about 20 seconds until the mixture is finely ground, comes together well and is able to be shaped into balls.
Shape into approximately 15 balls. Enjoy 1 or 2 as a guilt-free chocolate treat! Keep in the refrigerator.
These balls are a healthy way to satisfy a chocolate craving with considerably less guilt! They are packed full of antioxidants, dietary fibre, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals. They are a fudgy variation on my original recipe using fresh dates and fresh coconut which help to 'glue' the dry ingredients without the need for honey. If you like your chocolate, the additional tbsp of raw cacao is a must for a richer chocolate taste.
You can use any mix of raw nuts and seeds, for e.g. 50g nuts + 20g seeds (flax or chia for an extra burst of omega-3 fats). Add whole seeds at step 1 and grind with the cacao beans and nuts.
Add peppermint extract or orange zest for extra interest.
Find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mixingituphk
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Banana, coconut and choc chip Ice cream - vegan, egg free, DF
- 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Guilt-free vegan Chocolate Balls
- Rocky Road
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
- Macha Blancmange
- Strawberry and pear pancakes
- Orange and Poppy Seed Energy Balls
- Sticky Date Baked Cheesecake
- 4 ingredient Crunchie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Raw Raspberry and Coconut Cheesecake
- Chocolate Truffles (Brazilian Brigadeiros)