- 1 litre full cream milk
- 1/2 cup --- Full cream powdered milk
- 150 gram natural yoghurt
- 1/2 cup --- caster sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vanilla essence
1h 45minPreparation 1h 45minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
1. Place milk and powdered milk into the TM bowl. Heat 25 min/90ºC/speed 3.
2. Remove mixing bowl lid and allow milk to cool to 37ºC (approx 1 hr).
3. Remove any skin that may have formed on the surface.
4. Pour a small amount of the cooled milk into a jug/bowl and combine gently with the natural yoghurt until no lumps remain. Add the mixture to the remaining milk in the mixing bowl and heat 20 min/37ºC/speed 2.
5. Pour 150g+ of the mixture into a small container and seal. This is the culture for the next batch.
6. Mix the sugar and vanilla until dissolved.
7. Pour a small amount of the rest of the milk into a bowl and stir the sugar mixture, then add to the remainder of the milk. Pour into container/s and seal.
8. Wrap yoghurt and culture in tea-towel (or similar) and leave to rest undisturbed (in a cold oven, with the light on) for 6-8 hours.
9. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
I package mine in individual servings of 100g (using baby plastic containers).
Starter culture can be used instead of the natural yoghurt.
Vanilla bean paste can be used with or instead of the vanilla essence.
UHT milk can be used, making steps 1 - 3 obsolete. Begin at step 4, adding the powdered milk then.
Having the light on in the cold oven helps the incubation so it is not too cold, particularly in winter. I make mine in the evening and leave it overnight.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Keto Ice Cream
- Eggless edible cookie dough
- Delectable Millionaire’s Shortbread (Caramel Slice)
- Meringue Cupcakes "skuimpies"
- Healthy chocolate coconut slice
- Creamy Leche Flan
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- Chocolate Chia Pudding (Vegan)
- Chia Custard Pudding - adapted from Pete Evans recipe (Paleo)
- Thermo Cazza's Rocky Road
- Berry Yogurt Sorbet
- Huldah's Chickpea Curry
- Huldah's Roast Tomato and Bread Soup
- Huldah's Whole Orange Syrup Cake
- Huldah's Curry and Rice Soup
- Huldah's Tuna Macaroni Bake
- Huldah's Turkish Pide Rolls
- Huldah's Butter Chicken with Fettucini
- Huldah's Honey-Mustard Chicken Risotto - for two
- Huldah's Lemon Chicken Risotto - for 1
- Huldah's Pasta and Tuna