- 100 g pitted dates, dried
- 200 g dessicated coconut, plus more to decorate
- 30 g cacao powder, raw
- 20 g coconut cream
- 15 g Maple syrup
- 25 g cacao powder, raw, or 3 tablespoons
- 20 g coconut oil, melted, or 2 tablespoons
- 20 g Maple syrup, 1 tablespoon
- to taste salt, sea, fine, pinch
1. Line a small tin or baking dish with baking paper.
2. Add dates to the bowl. Pour over boiling water to soften for a minute or two, then pour off.
3. Add everything else to the bowl and mix speed 7/10 seconds.
4. Press the ‘dough’ into prepared tin. Use the back of a spoon or your hands to ensure it's pressed in well and there's no holes. Move to the fridge while you prepare the icing.
5. ICING: Either add everything to a small bowl and mix by hand, or to the TM bowl and mix for a few seconds until everything's blended and there's no lumps. I find doing it by hand is easier as it's such a small quantity and you lose a bit under the blades in the TM. Alternatively, you could double the ingredients for extra delicious results.
6. Spread the icing over the slice and sprinkle coconut over the top, if you like (I ran out of coconut the time I took the photo! Still delicious though).
Store in freezer to firm up for an hour.
7. Chop into desired sized pieces - I like bite sized. Keeps best in the freezer.
The recipe calls for about a tablespoon of coconut cream. If you don’t want to open a tin for such a small amount, just swap it for coconut oil. Or to get more use, add about a tablespoon of cream to the icing too; it’ll make it more creamy and actually set the chocolate a little harder.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Choc Orange Bliss Balls
- Strawberry Tiramisu (kids friendly, no alcohol)
- Chocolate self saucing pudding
- Green Tea Panna Cotta
- Znoud el sit
- Variation Rice Pudding - recipe adapted to properly mix in the egg!
- Pineapple Rice Pudding
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Allergy Friendly Chocolate Balls
- Banana Tart
- Lotus biscuit kenef
- Apricot Nectar Cheesecake - No bake/unbaked
- Sweet potato & banana paleo muffins (nut free)
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Banana & Zucchini Paleo Muffins
- Green Smoothie Muffins
- Chocolate Brownie Balls, with superfoods (Paleo & Vegan)
- Chocolate & Peppermint Bliss Balls
- Basil Pesto
- Coconut & Chocolate Bliss Balls
- Paleo Carrot Muffins
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bliss Balls