- 40 g raw macadamia nuts (or nuts of choice)
- 100 g cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 100 g coconut oil
- 100 g maple syrup (or other sweetener)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 300 g Desiccated Coconut
- 100 g coconut oil
- 60 g maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place nuts into bowl and chop, 5 sec/sp 6
2. Weigh in coconut oil, and melt 30 sec/37 deg/sp 2
3. Add remaining ingredients and mix until glossy, approximately 2min/sp 4. NB: add or remove maple syrup to personal taste
4. Pour 1/3rd of chocolate into Easter egg mould and place moulds into the freezer. Set aside remaining chocolate.
1. Place desiccated coconut in bowl and mill 1min/sp 10
2. Insert butterfly
3. Add remaining ingredients and whip 4min/sp 4
4. Refrigerate filling for 15min
1. Roll coconut butter into 5 cent size balls then press balls into set chocolate moulds.
2. Pour remaining chocolate into moulds to fill completely (the chocolate may need re-melting which can be done easliy by returning to the bowl and melting 30 sec/37 deg/sp 2)
3. Return eggs to the freezer for 1 hour
I chose to decorate my eggs with melted white chocolate but if you preferred a dairy free, paleo version, why not decorate with berry puree before serving.
These can be made nut free by removing the macadamias from the chocolate.
Use milled sugar (or icing sugar) instead of maple syrup save money.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Keto Ice Cream
- Eggless edible cookie dough
- Delectable Millionaire’s Shortbread (Caramel Slice)
- Meringue Cupcakes "skuimpies"
- Healthy chocolate coconut slice
- Creamy Leche Flan
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- Chocolate Chia Pudding (Vegan)
- Chia Custard Pudding - adapted from Pete Evans recipe (Paleo)
- Thermo Cazza's Rocky Road
- Berry Yogurt Sorbet