- 100 g Dark chocolate (70% cocoa), broken into pieces
- 800 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 200 g full cream milk
- 100 g raw sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, optional
Place a thermoserver bowland lid into the freezer.
Place chocolate into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 9.
Add cream, milk, sugar, sea salt, vanilla extract and egg yolks and cook 8 min/80°C/speed 4.
If using, now add cocoa powder and mix 10 sec/speed 5. Place into the chilled container and freeze for 3-4 hours until firm, but not competely frozen. Now, if not using, place the TM in the fridge to chill for the next stage.
Remove the ice cream from the freezer and cut into ice cube-sized pieces. Place ice cream pieces into mixing bowl and blend 15 sec/speed 9. Then mix 10 sec/speed 4.
Return to freezer for another 3-4 hours prior to serving.
To serve, scoop ice cream into ice cream cones, glasses or bowls. Top with nuts, fruit, whatever!
Chocolate ice cream
This recipe is from Thermomix's Rocky Road Ice Cream Recipe. I liked the ice cream that much!
I have reduced the sugar by half in my recipe compared to the original recipe as I found it too sweet for my taste.
I used Callebaut chocolate, and did not use the cocoa for my version, and it was rich and creamy, chocolatey and delicious!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Peppermint Choc Chip Ice Cream
- Walnut and coffee cheesecake slice
- VEGAN Cranberry & Vanilla Protein Balls
- Raw Caramel Nut Slice
- Chocolate,Ginger and Orange Bliss Balls / Protein Balls
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Golden Gaytime Slice
- Halawet El Rez
- Maple Pancakes
- Pear sorbet
- Custard (like Paul’s)
- Choc Hazelnut Bliss Balls
- Cherry Sauce
- Anniebee's Nutella Spread [no added sugar]
- Lime and Coconut Cake
- Annieb's Healthy Carrot Cake [no sugar or oil]
- Vanilla Shortbread
- Rocky Road Salami
- 60 Second Strawberry Cake
- Very Red Velvet Mud Cake
- Anniebees Adulterated Anzac Cookies
- Loukoumia - Greek or Turkish Delight
- Wattleseed Shortbread
- Oatmeal Choc Chip Breakfast Cookie