- 350 g pitted dates
- 375 g Boiling water
- 1.5 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 175 g brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 80 g unsalted butter
- 270 g brown sugar
- 250 g thickened cream
1h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Place dates, boiling water and bicaronate of soda in bowl.
2. Place lid and measuring cup on.
3. Leave for 5 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 160°C
5. Thoroughly grease baking in (I prefer to use a loaf tin)
6. After 5 minutes, Turbo 1sec, 3 times, until dates are
7. Scrape sides with spatula
8. Add butter, brown sugar, eggs and flour
9. Mix for 30s gradually increasing to sp 4
10. Pour into greased tin and bake in preheated oven, 40-60 minutes depending on tin.
Place cream, butter and brown sugar in mixing bow.
Place lid and measuring cup on.
Accessories you need
Tip: Serve with Baileys Ice cream (See recipe below) or Thickened Cream
For Salted Caramel sauce, add 1/4 tsp of salt flakes to sauce when cooking and sprinkle extra to serve
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Oats, hazelnut, banana, chocolate chips muesli bar
- nutella custard
- Apple Crumble Pie
- Banana Cream Brûlée’s
- Pineapple Cheesecake Jars
- Lemon Cake Bliss Balls
- Zilm Chocolate Coconut Balls
- Cherry Ripe Slice
- Layelle's Mahlabia (Milk pudding)
- Rima’s sugar syrup from cookidoo
- Rima’s Zuzu Saed’s Atayef
- Lemon Raw Balls (gluten free, sulphur free)