- 200 g Tin of good quality coconut mik
- 200 g full cream milk
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon Clove powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- A pinch nutmeg ground
- 200 g Jaggery syrup, (found in the Sri Lankan section of Indian grocers)
- 10 g butter for greasing
- 2 heaped tablespoons Shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Clove powder
- 1 teaspoon Juggery syrup
8Recipe is created for
Grease 4 ramekins with butter (or a ring cake tin)
Heat the normal milk with the spices on 90 degrees, 2 minutes, speed 4.
Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
Add coconut milk, eggs and juggery syrup and mix for 20 seconds on speed 4.
Pour mixture into ramekins and cover each top with foil.
Wash Thermomix bowl and fill with 750g of water. Set time for 40 minutes, varoma temperature and speed 3. Place ramekins in the varoma tray and carefully place the varoma on top of TM. Steam till set but still slightly wobbly.Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with the sweet shredded coconut just before serving.
If you wish turn the puddings out onto serving dishes and then garnish.
Shredded Coconut Garnish:
Roast the coconut in a non-stick frying pan on medium heat for 30 seconds. Keep stirring to stop the coconut burning. Add spices and the syrup and turn off heat immediately. Keep stirring for a few seconds more to incorporate the syrup and spices. Sprinkle over the puddings just before serving.
Accessories you need
Jaggery syrup is a sugar alternative made from coconut palm or Kithul palm sap.
It is cost effective to buy at an Indian grocer who stocks Sri Lankan items.
Use 100g of raw sugar (or less to taste) if you don't have jaggery on hand. Mill for 10 seconds first before commencing the recipe.
Another suggestion is maple syrup or honey.
Using a ring cake tin is easy as the steam comes up through the hole.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nut free chocolate berry bliss balls
- Peppermint Bliss Balls (Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free and Refined Sugar Free) Healthy Mummy
- Chantilly Cream
- Dairy Free Strawberry Ice Cream (refined sugar free)
- Delicious healthy version of Lemon Slice - Dairy Free
- Strawberry Frozen yogurt
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tim Tam tarts (or cheesecake)
- Black rice steam cake gluten-free
- Easy strawberry baked cheesecake
- VEGAN CHOC MINT FUDGE
- VEGAN SALTED CARAMEL FUDGE