- 30 grams Olive Oil.
- 1 Large Onion, Peeled & Halved.
- 2 cloves Garlic.
- 1 piece Ginger, peeled, Thumb size
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin.
- 2 teaspoons Ground Turmeric.
- 2 teaspoons Salt.
- 1 pinch Saffron.
- 2 sticks Cinnamon.
- 1 Long Red Chilli, Deseeded.
- 1 Tin Tomatoes Diced.
- 1 Tin Chick Peas, Drained and Rinsed
- 250 grams Water.
- 500 - 1000 grams Firm, White, Fish, Cut into cubes, Ling, Monk Fish, Snapper
- 1 heaped tablespoon Honey.
- 200 grams Sweet Potato.
- 50 grams Chopped Apricots.
- shelled pistachios, To Serve
- fresh coriander or parsley, To Serve
Recipe is created for
91st main course 2nd main course Main course Alcohol-free Egg free Gluten free Lactose free Non-dairy Autumn Spring Summer Winter Creative Easy Natural Quick Moroccan Cooking Steam cooking Steam cooking with Varoma All-in-one cooking with Varoma Buffet Everyday Dinner Lunch Supper Mid East Fish dish Mediterranean
1. Place halved onions, garlic, and peeled knob of ginger and chop 3 seconds/speed 7, scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat.
2. Add Oil, cumin, turmeric, salt, chilli (optional) and saffron and cook 4 minutes/Varoma/speed 1.
3. Add tomatoes, and water into the mixing bowl and place in the Thermomix Basket.
4. Place cinnamon sticks, and chopped sweet potato to the TM Basket and cook 15 minutes/Varoma/Backwards/speed 2.
5. Place Fish into TM Basket, lid on and measuring cup in, but if you would like to make extra fish, place the rest of it in the Varoma and put into place. Cook fish 11 - 13 minutes/Varoma/speed 2.
6. While cooking, place rinsed chick peas and chopped apricots into Thermoserver.
7. Remove TM Basket with spatula and pour ingredients over chick peas and apricots.
8. Place honey into mixing bowl and stir 20 seconds/speed 2.
9. Pour sauce into Thermomserver and mix all ingredients together careful so the fish doesn't break up too much, season to taste and leave in the server for 5 minutes with the lid on. (this step is important as it allow some of the fish flavour to permeate the sauce)
10. Serve with plain Couscous or Jasmine rice and garnish with parsley/coriander and shelled pistachios.
Accessories you need
If you would like to check out the blog that goes with this recipe. Check out //www.themotherhubbardscupboard.com/moroccan-fish-stew/
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Salmon Curry
- Steamed Tuna Loaf
- Cheesy Tuna Mornay
- Fish with ginger, chilli and soy dressing.
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Z's Grilled Octopus
- Creamy Tuna Tomato & Pasta
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Braised Jew Fish