- 2 large handfuls flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons large handfuls basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cm piece of ginger, peeled
- 1 Long Red Chili
- 1 small Spanish onion, peeled, cut in ½
- 1 sweet chilli, seeds removed
- 15 g olive oil
- 15 g Salted butter
- 1000 grams mussels
- 1 punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 250 g tomato passatta
- Freshly ground black pepper
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place parsley and basil in and chop 3 seconds, speed 7. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Place garlic & chili in and chop 3 seconds, speed 7.
Place onion and sweet chilli into and chop 3 seconds, speed 5.
Scrape down sides of bowl, add butter and olive oil and saute 5 minutes, varoma, .
Meanwhile, prepare mussels by wiping the shells and removing beards. Grab the beard between thumb and pointer and pull very hard away from the hinge of the mussel. Add mussels to the varoma dish.
Add tomatoes, passatta, half of the herbs and plenty of pepper to Secure varoma in place. Cook 10 minutes, varoma, speed 2.
Transfer any open mussles to serving bowl and steam remaining mussels for further 2 minutes. Be careful not to overcook.
Transfer remaining mussels to the serving dish and pour over the tomato sauce, herbs and lots more black pepper.
If you want a runnier sauce, add more passata.
Serve with crusty bread and a crisp green salad.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut Rice with Salmon and veggies ALL IN ONE
- Salmon and couscous salad with lemon dressing
- Tuna and Ricotta Balls
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Mums Tuna Mornay
- Variation Chilli, Garlic Tomato Prawns
- Curried tuna
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Linguine (w Low Carb, Dairy Free, Vegetarian Variations)
- Creamy Garlic Prawn
- My Mother's Seafood Chowder
- Ginger Lime Prawns - HCG P2 4Phase
- Prawns Tom Yum Noodle