- 1 onion peeled and halved
- 2 Spring onions quartered
- 2 Garlic Cloves Peeled
- 1 red chilli deseeded
- handful fresh coriander leaves
- handful fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 20g olive oil
- 100g carrot quartered
- 1 red capsicum quartered
- 400g coconut milk
- 400g boiling water from kettle
- 1 tbsp TM Veg Stock Paste
- 300g arborio rice
- pepper to taste
- 400g-500g raw prawns peeled
Place onion, spring onions, garlic, chilli, coriander, parsley and oil in TM bowl and chop 5 sec / speed 5. Scrape down.
Add curry paste and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off.
Add capsicum and carrot and chop 3 sec / speed 8.
Scrape down and add 100g of the coconut milk (reserve rest in the can). Cook 2 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
Add remaining coconut milk, arborio rice, water, stock and pepper and mix 2 sec / speed 3 / Reverse.
Continue cooking 16 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse / MC off and place simmering basket on top of TM lid to prevent spatter.
Add prawns (use spatula to coat with mixture) and cook 2 mins / 100°C / Reverse / speed 1.
Place in ThermoServer and let it rest 5 mins.
NB: Prawns will continue to cook in the ThermoServer. They will overcook if added earlier.
** This recipe was inspired and tweaked from Maddy’s recipe on the Thermomix Forum
For more decadent recipes head over to my website: //thermofun.com/
You can also find me on my facebook page ThermoFun
Thai Red Curry Prawn Risotto
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Prawn Stuffed Mushrooms
- Cambodian Fish Amok
- Lemongrass & Turmeric Fish - HCG Compiant
- Variation Thick and Creamy Garlic Prawns
- Our Favorite Salmon All-in-one meal!
- Sweet Potato and Salmon Patties
- Tuna and Butter Bean fishcakes
- Beer Batter
- My Tuna Mornay
- Tuna Mornay
- Creamy Salmon Risoni
- Steamed fish with cumin chickpea puree
- Maple Butter
- Tim Tam Cake
- Baileys and Chocolate Pannacotta - ThermoFun
- Bacon Jam - ThermoFun
- Zucchini Cake - ThermoFun
- Mars Bar Brownie - ThermoFun
- Coconut Chicken Curry - ThermoFun
- Red Capsicum with Feta and Cashew Chunky Dip - ThermoFun
- Roasted Pumpkin with Cashew and Parmesan - ThermoFun
- Basil with Cashew and Parmesan - ThermoFun
- Baby Spinach with Cashew and Parmesan - ThermoFun
- Cadburys Top Deck Chocolate Slice - ThermoFun