- 1000 grams Chicken (Thighs or breast), Cut into 3cm cubes
- 200 grams Fresh Baby Spinach
- 6 Whole Peppercorns
- 5 whole cloves
- 4 cardamon pods
- 1 heaped tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 heaped tsp Ground Cumin Powder
- 1 heaped tablespoons garam masala
- 2 large onions, Halved
- 1 red chilli, To taste, deseeded if desired
- 3 centimetres fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 level teaspoons Evoo
- 2 medium tomatoes, Cut in half
- 4 Handfuls Raw Cashew Nuts
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add spinach, water, salt and pepper (to taste) to mixing bowl (MB), chop for 5 seconds/Speed9(scrape down side of MB) Set aside
Clean and dry mixing bowl
- In a clean and dry MB, put in all whole spices. dry roast for 2 mins/Varoma/speed 1/2
Add dry spices and dry roast for 2 min/Varoma/speed1
Now...Into the MB, put onion, garlic, ginger, chilli then chop for 5 seconds/speed 7. (Scrape down sides of MB)
Now... add the oil and saute for 3 mins/varoma/speed 1
. Let cool a little then mill for 5 Secs/speed 8. (scrape down side of MB)
- Add tomatoes to the MB and chop for 8 Secs/speed 5 (scrape down sides of MB)
Insert butterfly into MB
Add the chicken and cook for 17 mins/100c/speed1
Now... Add the spinach mix and cook for a further 3 minutes/speed 1
- Strain the chicken and spinach mix through a sieve into a largish bowl and retain the liquid.
Place the spinach and chicken mixture into a Thermo saver (to ensure the finished product is not too dry I returned a little of the fluid to the thermo saver)
Now...return about half of the reserved liquid to the MB and add all the cashews and a generous dash or two of Garam Masala.
Then.. blend for about 1 minute on speed 9
Now... blend this sauce through the Spinach and Chicken Mixture.
Serve with rice (Basmati is best)
Accessories you need
This is an adaptation of another (almost identical) recipe published by Jun06 whom I wish to acknbowledge
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Potato and Rosemary Gratin (Clone from River Cottage Australia).
- Ukrainian Crepes
- Gluten Free Dagwood Dog in Sausage Roll Maker
- Impossible quiche
- Potsticker dumplings and broth
- Zucchini Bacon & Cheese Slice
- Seafood Curry Laksa
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters
- Genovese pasta
- Simple, creamy Hommus
- Fennel Pesto
- Chicken Thai Green curry
- Variation Broccoli Soup
- Traditional Carrot Cake
- Chocolate mud cake
- Sweet Potato Salad with honey mustard dressing
- Verena Probiotic Salad Dressing
- Kathleen's Butter Chicken (easiest ever)
- Brown Rice & Lentil Burgers
- Bulk Budget Lasagne