- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, good quality
- 4 cloves ginger, fresh or galangal, (garlic clove sized)
- 1 teaspoon tumeric, fresh or powder
- 2 stalks lemon grass., white part only
- 3 pieces birds eye chillis
- 6 pieces macadamia nuts
- 1 bunch coriander, fresh, (roots, stems and leaves)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, whole
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, whole
- 5 pods cardamon pods
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 5 cloves garlic, fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce, or shrimp paste
- 1 piece palm sugar, 1 rectangled piece from package
- 2 tablespoons dried shrimp, (Soaked in boiling water then drained, optional)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place everything into bowl and hit turbo until desired texture is required.
Makes about 1 cup of paste.
Use 2-4 teaspoons of paste to create a laksa meal.
Will keep for 4-6 weeks in fridge covered with oil.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters
- Genovese pasta
- Singapore Hokkien Mee
- Berry, banana breakfast smoothie
- Hazelnut, pear and apple yoghurt
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Mumbai Escort Recipe
- Variation Mealie Meal / Pap
- Chaffles diet doctor
- Aly's Leftovers Stack (Inspired by the Mexican Stack)
- Healthy Banana & Oat Protein Pancakes