- 500 grams of tomatoes, peeled
- 2 large red capsicums, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- 100 grams of white wine vinegar
- 100 grams of brown sugar
- 1/2 level teaspoon of chilli flakes
1h 2minPreparation 2minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- To peel tomatoes - cut a cross on the bottom of each tomato and place in a large bowl - pour boiling water over them and let them sit for a couple of minutes - tip off water - the skins should now slip of in your fingers - also cut the core out of the top - cut the tomatoes into quarters, and leave in the bowl
Add to the Thermomix bowl onions, garlic and chop 4 seconds, speed 6
Add to the bowl the capsicum and chop 4 seconds, speed 5
Add the tomatoes, bay leaves, chilli, vinegar and sugar - cook 30 mins, 100 deg speed 2, MC off
Scrape down the bowl and repeat
Check the chutney as very ripe tomatoes will give a lot of juice if it is a little runny due to the juice of the tomatoes cook for a further 15 mins
NOTE I had the MC off with no basket on the top and had just one tiny splatter at the very end
Pour into stealized bottle and enjoy - serve at a BBQ, Cheese/ meat platters etc
Accessories you need
This is based on a recipe from our neighbour an Italian lady who taught my Mother the best Italian recipes
If you make this recipe please pop back and leave a comment and a rating - Thank You
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fig and almond bliss balls
- Coriander chutney
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade
- Quince relish for Irina
- Salmon and couscous salad with lemon dressing
- Chorizo, Spinach and Feta Triangles
- Palmiers - cinnamon and sugar delights
- Lemon and Garlic Yoghurt Chicken
- American Self Rising Biscuits (scones)
- Maria's Meat Balls
- Brown Rice and Chicken Salad with Asian style dressing
- Jubilee loaf ( served spread with butter)