- 400 grams chicken livers, 1x Bostocks Organic chicken livers packet
- 300 grams Butter
- 3 large eggs
- 75 grams brown onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1.5 tbsp fresh chopped thyme
- splash of port
- Milk, for soaking livers
- Drain chicken livers from packet and place in a bowl and cover with milk and soak for at least 6 hours. (overnight is best)
- Place 300g butter (cut into 2-3cm cubes) into the mixing bowl and melt 2.30/100°C/Spd 2
- Pour melted butter into a jug or small bowl and set aside. Do not rinse bowl.
- Place half a brown onion (approx 75g), 2-3 cloves of garlic and thyme into mixing bowl and chop 4 sec/spd 5
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl and lid
- Saute garlic, onion and thyme for 5 mins/120°C/spd 2
- Add splash of port to the mixing bowl and without measuring cup, saute 1 min/120°C/spd 2
- Place 400g chicken livers into the bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 6
- Scrape down sides and lid of the bowl and then cook 3min/100°C/spd 1
- Blend 10 sec/spd 6
- Without measuring cup, mix 3 mins/spd 3 and slowly add eggs one at a time then slowly pour in melted butter through the hole in the mixing bowl lid
- Blend one last time 10 sec/spd 6 before straining into a bowl through a fine sieve and then pour into 6 ramekins
- Place ramekins into a roasting dish and make a water bath with nearly boiling water
- Bake 100°C for 1 hour
- Take ramekins out of the water bath and allow to cool before placing in the refridgerator to chill. Once chilled, top with a thin layer of melted butter or duck fat and place back in the refigerator to set. You can melt the butter or duck fat by putting 100g into the thermomix and melting for 2 min/100°C/spd 2
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Orange and Poppyseed muffins
- ABC (apple carrot banana) muffins [Variant of ABCD School Muffins]
- Skinnymixers Coconut Curried Sausages
- Fudgy Brownies
- Susanne's Spinach & Ricotta Cannelloni
- Variation Thermomix Mock Cream
- Variation Homemade Coffee Latte for 1
- Keto Carrot Cake
- Potato and Leek Soup Mix
- Cooked red cabbge
- Healthy bliss balls
- LISA'S CHOC CHIP BISCUITS