- 250 g besan flour, (Indian flour)
- 15 g Self Raising Flour
- 15 g rice flour
- 1 Teaspoon tumeric
- 1 Teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 Cup water
- 420 g Edgells sweet corn kernels
- 1 small red onion
- Oil for frying
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add onion and chop 4 sec/ speed 6 set aside
Add all dry ingredients and combine 5 sec/ speed 5
Add water and combine 10 sec/speed 5
Pour into a bowl and add the onion and corn kernels, mix together and refrigerate for 30 minutes before using.
Using a ladel, Spoon the mixture into hot oil in small batches. I Do 2 at a time.
Shallow fry or deep fry until crunchy or golden brown.
Serve immediatley with a spicy relish or avocado smash
Accessories you need
This version is relatively mild in terms of spices, I find it just right for us, but you really can try so many variations with spices here, you can add some chilli powder, garam marsala, coriander, shallots etc..
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Steamed Chicken Dumplings with Chilli Glaze
- Cheese Bread Sticks
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Vegan Spanakopita / Spanakopitakia (Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta triangles)
- American Self Rising Biscuits (scones)
- Capsicum, Tomato and Chilli Chutney
- Cocktail Meatballs Spicy and Delicious
- Chilli and lime cashews
- Sour Cream Cherry Slice
- Gluten Free Nutella and Peacan Biscuits
- Beetroot and Orange Spiced Chutney
- Horseradish cream Taela-Made
- Colcannon (Irish Mash Potato) Taela-Made
- Bearnaise Sauce Taela-Made
- Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding Taela-Made
- Lemon Garlic Myrtle Chicken Taela-Made
- Onion Rings Taela-Made
- Bacon & Chive Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken with Mushroom Sauce Taela-Made
- Creamy Garlic Prawn & Zucchini linguine Taela-Made
- Cheesy Baked Katsu Japanese Curry Taela-Made
- Pizza bread rolls Taela-Made
- Mushy Peas Taela-Made
- Chile Con Queso Dip Taela-Made