- 30 g unsalted butter
- 30 g all purpose flour
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard, Mild or Hot English Mustard is more traditional but Dijon works very nicely
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch sweet paprika
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 80 g stout (eg Guiness), (or similar stout)
- 30 g sour cream
- 80 g Red Leicester cheese, (or suitably sharp, mature cheddar)
- 4-6 slices sourdough or preferred bread
Place butter and flour into mixing bowl and cook 2.5 min/90°C/Speed 1. Take care to not brown the flour.
2. Add mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and paprika and combine 5 sec/speed 3.
3. Add stout and sour cream and combine 5 sec/speed 3 or until mixture is smooth.
4. Set to 4 min/60°C/speed 1 and gradually add cheese and continue for a further 4 to 5 minutes until all blended and smooth.
5. You can either pour the mixture straight onto your toast and serve immediately, or place the toasted bread with mixture on top under a hot grill and leave until top of mixture is slightly browned.
For more information, please refer to:Thermomix Welsh Rarebit
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.