- 60 g parmesan cheese, cubed
- Small handful of Italian parsley, (also referred to as flat leaf or continental parsley)
- 220 g plain flour
- Pinch salt, Pinch salt
- 60 g Cold Butter, cubed
- Few tbsp ice cold water, ice cold water
- 0.5 white onion, peeled
- 250 g bacon, diced
- 3 cobs corn, kernels removed (or equivalent frozen or canned)
- 2 eggs
- 210 g sour cream
- pepper to taste
1h 15minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
Place Parmesan cheese and parsley into mixing bowl and mill 8 sec/speed 8.
Place flour, salt and butter into mixing bowl and mix 5 sec/speed 6.
Add water and with dial set to (closed lid position), knead on (Interval setting) 20 - 25 sec until dough forms.
Tip onto floured ThermoMat and push together with hands before rolling out.
Line 23cm flan tin (with removable base) without trimming edges and place into freezer for 10 - 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 190 C. Blind bake flan base for 10 min and then remove baking beans or tin and bake for further 5 min.
Cut edges of pastry after baking with sharp knife.
Place onion into mixing bowl and chop for 2 sec/speed 6.
Add bacon and sauté for 5 min/Varoma temp/Reverse/ (speed 1 / soft).
Allow to cool.
Spread onion and bacon into baked base with corn.
Place eggs, sour cream, pepper and half the cheese and parsley into mixing bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 8.
Pour mixture over onion, bacon and corn in flan base.
Top with remaining cheese and parsley and bake 35 - 40 min until set in centre or browned on top.
Serve with fresh garden salad.
Other users also liked...
- Baked salmon cheesecake
- Chicken and prawn noodles
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie